4 Cable Method, Midi, Level Up

• Thread starter Stillsour
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stillsour

Reaction score
Holy cow yall. There's plugging your guitar into an amp and playing.

Then there is setting up an entire system of midi, 4 cable method Modeleing, and hybrid analog to digital effects.

One is easy, and sounds great. The other takes time to learn, but has endless possibilities of great sounds.

I've been learning a Lot, and really trying to hone in on some sounds and toanz. While simultaneously making a complicated guitar system and easy and quick to use as possible.

With some wire labeling and cable management I believe I have achieved this goal.

I am using an analog pedalboard > into a 4CM MX5 unit > into a Catalyst. I'm using the Headrush as an Amplifier Head and the Catalyst as a cabinet. The Catalyst app really let's you dial in cabinet tone, which is endlessly useful in my case. You can also still use the amps effects as they're after the power amp stage.

I am 3-D Printing a mount for the top of the amp to house the MX5 so it's knobs are easily accessible while standing. I also added a 4 switch midi control so that I can still use all the footswitches as if the pedal is on my board.

I set up 4 rigs, each is just a different amp basically. Now I can plug my guitar into any amp I want, with my pedalboard, and there's no extra steps or confusion. Just plug and play.

I'm pretty excited yall.

Stillsour

Reaction score
I am using the '4 cable method' with my Mooer Red Truck,

the modulation part of the RedTruck and the Volume Pedal go to the effect-loop of the Mesa,

The EB 6181JR Volume Pedal (25kOhm Version) works best in the effect-loop of the Mesa.
That red truck looks awesome!

I don't know why I didn't try this 4CM earlier, LOL. So good.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
If you ever get a MIDI'fied controller, this a great device, it has 4 isolated loops to add footpedals, a Class A Buffer, easy to program to recieve MIDI instructions from a controller; activate loops in any user combination and recieve CC messaging or you can use the forth loop as amp channel changer .

1000001717.jpg

Latest posts