Agile Guitars

• Thread starter DaveInSoCal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInSoCal

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these guitars from Rondo? They look really nice and generally get good reviews.

Biddlin

Reaction score
I just set up a neighbor's $350 LP copy, AL-3010 p-90 in Root Beer. Good finish, frets are OK and it plays and sounds good. Ebony fretboard, graphite saddles and decent electronics make it a good value.

Caddy

Reaction score
I have had an Agile AL for about 8-9 years. Really nice guitar. Lowest action with zero fret buzz of any guitar I have owned (and I've been playing for over 60 years). Arrived set up that way and I've never messed with it ever. Don't want to mess up a good thing.

Digger

Reaction score
I have an AL2900 and it’s a bloody ripper!

It was a bit hot out of the box but a couple of screw turns and it was perfect!

Bl90Z2dl.jpg

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I've always heard good reviews on Agile guitars for a few years now. They definitely must be good guitars and the price you can't beat at all...and they come with an ebony fret board...my all time favourite FB.;)

;>)/

Norton

Reaction score
The vitriol from cartoon’s like Scott grove against agile is ridiculous.

I don’t own any agile’s. But I’ve played more than 15/20 of them and they’ve all been super solid.

In fact I’d say they were every bit the equal or....even better than any of “name” guitars built in Korea/China/Indonesia.

Small sample size, but I wouldn’t be worried about ordering something from them.

Norton

Reaction score
I’ve seen him rail against agile guitars as being the absolute worst guitars on the planet. He was seriously angry at them. Granted...it was a while ago. As in maybe 5 years ago? But he was full of absolute nonsense.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I’ve seen him rail against agile guitars as being the absolute worst guitars on the planet. He was seriously angry at them. Granted...it was a while ago. As in maybe 5 years ago? But he was full of absolute nonsense.
Really...? Odd, considering I've seen several from him praising Rondos. I think it might have been post mods, but still, you need a decent foundation to build on.

Scott's one of those guys, that if he goes on a tear, LOOK OUT, he has useful information, but that gets over shadowed by his rants.

Norton

Reaction score
I went looking for some quotes on agile....but this one was too good to pass up:
“Ibanez hasn’t made anything worth while since, like 1984(?). And that’s not an opinion that’s a fact.” Scott Grove.

I’d totally take a Harm. 6, 12 or a baritone.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I went looking for some quotes on agile....but this one was too good to pass up:
“Ibanez hasn’t made anything worth while since, like 1984(?). And that’s not an opinion that’s a fact.” Scott Grove.

I’d totally take a Harm. 6, 12 or a baritone.
:cheers:
I've been drooling over a S-Series
S621QMSBF-large.jpg

750-S621QMSBF_angle.jpg

That right there is one sexy spinner!

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Agile guitars...

The way I see it, they have high end ones as well as low end ones. I bought an AL-2500 727 LP. It was a 7-string. It was on sale. I was actually disappointed when I got it because it was neck heavy and the strings didn't line up with the neck pickup poles. It was a beautiful guitar but I couldn't live with my issues with it. I returned it. They actually have a very good return policy.

Xf4gQMs.jpg

However, I got a less than $100 Hadean Telecaster from them (Rondo). It was excellent and I had nothing bad to say about it.

wildeman

Reaction score
:cheers:
I've been drooling over a S-Series
S621QMSBF-large.jpg

750-S621QMSBF_angle.jpg

That right there is one sexy spinner!
Purdy! Yeah Scott pretty much shot down the whole S and RG lines with that quote as they came out in '87.

IGRocker

Reaction score
A former band mate has a 3010 (I believe). Set neck, ebony board, and a “root beer” finish. I like it a lot, but from my experience they are heavy! I haven’t found one under 9.5 lbs yet! With new electronics I think they sound great, and the body specs are good for the cost

Raiyn

Reaction score
A former band mate has a 3010 (I believe). Set neck, ebony board, and a “root beer” finish. I like it a lot, but from my experience they are heavy! I haven’t found one under 9.5 lbs yet! With new electronics I think they sound great, and the body specs are good for the cost
A good mod platform for sure.
Indeed
I've got an old Saber and they really are a great design.
The one thing that slightly concerns me is that frenched in jack. I haven't seen one from the back, so I don't know what they've got in there. The ones I've seen have a round nut on them as well. It's not a "that's a problem right now" issue as much as a "when I decide to replace it" one, because that's kinda my schtick.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
I had an Agile Valkyrie P-90 SG, picked up new on closeout for $99 + shipping. It was superior to an MIK Epiphone G400 humbuckered SG I had at the time, which I sold. After acquiring several other P-90 guitars (eventually including Gibsons and Epiphones), I sold the Agile. But there was nothing wrong with the Agile at all. Sold it to a longtime internet friend, who I believe still has it.

64969414_025241fa57_o.jpg

Latest posts