Being me is SO much fun!

• Thread starter Otto99
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
So in the wee small hours of Tuesday morning, I had to make a trip to the necessary. Still sleeping in the chair, so I pushed my stool out of the way to get up. Or so I thought. Seems I didn’t allow clearance enough (it was dark and the eye’s not fully back yet), tripped on the stool, and like a mighty oak, hit the floor hard. Broke my clavicle/collarbone. So now I’m in a sling and have to keep it as still as I can. This summer has pretty much sucked so far.

Digger

Reaction score
I’m so sorry Greg!

Life can be a bitch at times, thats for sure!

I have a torch by the bed so if I have to move at night I can without fear of tripping over the dog and breaking something. That doesn’t help you a bit unfortunately. All I can offer is a quick recovery and my continuing well wishes.

Sorry mate!

Charles Carter

Reaction score
So in the wee small hours of Tuesday morning, I had to make a trip to the necessary. Still sleeping in the chair, so I pushed my stool out of the way to get up. Or so I thought. Seems I didn’t allow clearance enough (it was dark and the eye’s not fully back yet), tripped on the stool, and like a mighty oak, hit the floor hard. Broke my clavicle/collarbone. So now I’m in a sling and have to keep it as still as I can. This summer has pretty much sucked so far.
I'm so sorry to hear that Otto.
That really sucks!
I hope you heal fast and strong and can get back into things promptly.

I broke my Clavicle twice in a single Mt Bike season and it's so lumpy I have to have my backpack straps different lengths.

I'll be keeping an interested eye on your progress ...
My Eye On you 2 Sm.jpg

BGood

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that Otto.
That really sucks!
I hope you heal fast and strong and can get back into things promptly.

I broke my Clavicle twice in a single Mt Bike season and it's so lumpy I have to have my backpack straps different lengths.

I'll be keeping an interested eye on your progress ...
View attachment 26313
eyes_015.gif

LP_SPC_1_P90

Reaction score
I end up playing within myself, clear pathways to the bathroom & when something is percolating I waste no time in making that move to sit on the throne to rule the castle. Just not worth the accidental fall or risk of soiling. I've got nowhere to be in that situation beyond taking care of business, so I take care of the warning sign when the dashboard light comes on. Anything that would wake me up out of a sound sleep is an immediate service requirement. My body wasn't asking me if I wanted to or not. It's just the realities of old age. It's bodily, toxic waste, there's no percentage in carrying that load any longer than it has to be in there.

nethanpaul86

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your broken clavicle from the accident. It's important to follow medical advice and keep your shoulder still to aid in healing. Wishing you a quick and smooth recovery during this challenging time.

Latest posts