Blackened out my Tribute+

• Thread starter Hedon09
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hedon09

Reaction score
This was something I was thinking about for some time now. Finally took a shot. The Pickuprings(göldo) are no perfect fit unfortunately. The Hairdryer of my wife worked some magic but still I'm not really satisfied. So i ordered a Set of Epiphone-Rings via eBay. Black Plastics on a vintage sunburst definetely adds some mojo. Pics or it didn't happen.image.jpg

This is how it was looking before
image.jpg

UnsungHeroGuitars

Reaction score
Yep, that works nicely
thumbsup.gif

And a Bonamassa too!
wub.gif

El Cid

Reaction score
Very nice. :dude:

Let us know how those plastic rings work for you that you got from Ebay. I know others are always interested on a good place to find replacement rings

IRG

Reaction score
I really like that, more than I was expecting. I have a midnight ebony tribute that will hopefully soon, get some new pickups and they'll be black exposed coils, wondering if black rings might be a nice match. Although in this case, it might be too dark, but maybe there's no such thing. Inexpensive mod either way.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I really like that, more than I was expecting. I have a midnight ebony tribute that will hopefully soon, get some new pickups and they'll be black exposed coils, wondering if black rings might be a nice match. Although in this case, it might be too dark, but maybe there's no such thing. Inexpensive mod either way.

It worked great with my 'Midnight Ebony' Ultra-II

IMG_0202_zpsb8541d68.jpg

Epi-LP-Ultra-body-2.jpg

HotDan!

Reaction score
That works a whole lot better than I would have imagined. Just sort brings everything together. Nicely done!

eS.G.

Reaction score
Looks awesome!
Went with all black on my Silverburst Custom. I like it

before:
before_zps19ac7dd4.jpg

AFTER:
epidark2_zpsde120a3b.jpg

epiphonedark1_zpsb5cdbc9b.jpg

Hedon09

Reaction score
So, the Pickup-Ring replacements, which turned of to be allparts, came today and again I'm pretty underwhelmed. How hard can it be to get Black Pickup-rings that actually fit on my tribute+ with no gaps? Forget about göldo, forget about allparts. The allparts were actually announced to fit Epiphone curvings. They do a tiny bit better than the göldo but still there are ugly gaps and a bow in the neck-pickup-ring when attached firmly. Not even worth to take pictures. Does anyone know a good source for fitting rings?

Latest posts