Can Epi Les Pauls accept "long leg" Gibson hum buckers?

• Thread starter DHart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DHart

Reaction score
I have a set of Gibson Burstbucker Pros which have long mounting legs... wondering if the cavity in current Epiphone Les Pauls is deep enough to accept (Gibson) humbuckers with long legs?

Last edited:

DHart

Reaction score
Gibson Les Paul humbuckers have traditionally had long leg bases. My pair of Gibson Burstbuckers from a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard have long leg bases.

These days, I think the "standard" style of humbuckers come with short-leg bases.

I think Epiphone Les Paul humbuckers typically come with short leg bases - but I think the Epi Les Pauls can accommodate long leg humbuckers, I'm just not certain of it.

If no one here has experience putting long leg humbuckers in Epiphone Les Pauls, I will just dig into one of mine, find out, and report back. I was just thinking that some folks here would have tried it and would know.

I think it is likely that the long leg base humbuckers will fit in an Epiphone Les Paul.

Last edited:

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I put my R7's burst buckers in my Epi.
DSCN0011.jpg

DHart

Reaction score
Without a doubt, YES!

I have confirmed that long-legged humbuckers (did you know that there are both "long-legged" and "short-legged" base plates on humbuckers?) WILL FIT into Epiphone Les Paul guitars.

And, let's not forget the long-shaft vs. short-shaft pots, and the long-shaft and short-shaft pickup selector switches!

Such fun twists and turns with regard to modifying Gibsons and Epiphone guitars!

BGood

Reaction score
Without a doubt, YES!

I have confirmed that long-legged humbuckers (did you know that there are both "long-legged" and "short-legged" base plates on humbuckers?) WILL FIT into Epiphone Les Paul guitars.

And, let's not forget the long-shaft vs. short-shaft pots, and the long-shaft and short-shaft pickup selector switches!

Such fun twists and turns with regard to modifying Gibsons and Epiphone guitars!
Forgot the sacred tenon.

Latest posts