Can you identify these Epiphone Pickups?

WillyWP

Reaction score
Hello.

I recently purchase a Fender Jazzmaster HH and when I looked under the pickguard the pickups had been swapped for some Epiphone ones. Can anyone help me identify the year or model pickups?

These pickups have a brass colored back with the Epiphone logo engraved in them. The logo is not centered. The bridge pickup has one blue wire, with a white colored wire and a bare wire inside. The neck pickup has one red wire, with a white wire and bare wire inside. They have no covers on them.

The wires look pretty new but the rest of the pickup looks pretty old. For instance the tape around the bobbins is pealing off a bit.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the year or model pickups?

Hi,
Welcome here @ €piTalk

my guess would be

Epiphone 700T/650R Open-coil humbucker pickups

used over many years in the entry level series

epibakv.jpg

WillyWP

Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome here @ €piTalk

my guess would be

Epiphone 700T/650R Open-coil humbucker pickups

used over many years in the entry level series

epibakv.jpg
Thanks for your reply, but they don't look like that. The logo is not centered, the wires are different colors and there are no other marks, no R or F. Also, the screws don't pertrude out of the back.

TheDrJFever

Reaction score
Maybe post a photo? I just checked my old Kramer pups, but they’re like the photo above.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Oh interesting! No holes for the pole pieces on the baseplate. What kind of pole pieces do these use? Are they hum-cancelling? Reason I ask is that the last time I saw something like this (not Epiphone) was many years ago in a cheap catalogue les paul copy that I got in Japan (one of those pressed top/plywood ones). The pickups were humbucker-sized, but they were "fake" humbuckers and actually single coils.

SauceBoss

Reaction score
2 slug coils? IIRC my Epi LP junior special, had a humbucker like that, does not account for neck p/u though.

Latest posts