Check out what I found...

• Thread starter IGRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGRocker

Reaction score
From the serial and black plastics, I'm guessing it's circa 1980. Found it in the back corner of my school's music storage room! There's also a black Kustom combo and a blue Kustom head and cab.
image_zps9e9725cb.jpg

image_zps6d32c694.jpg

I gave her a quick set up with the who knows how old strings and it plays pretty nice! There's some dents and dings, the outside burst appear green/brown, and I don't ever think it's been cleaned, but it sure does sound nice

RTH

Reaction score
Wow! Very nice! Is that an "S" serial?
And more importantly, do you get to keep it?

IGRocker

Reaction score
Yup, it's an S serial. Does that stand for special? :D I don't get to keep it, but I will get to play it whenever I want! I may throw an offer at the teacher though...

RTH

Reaction score
It says made in USA though?

Really? Hmmm. I looked up Fender serials (briefly) and it said S=MIJ. I admittedly dont know much about Fenders though. I may have been looking in the wrong era. USA is better though. Great find either way.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I know diddley-squat when it comes to anything except Gibson and Epiphone. I'll have to do some research tonight! I'll see if I can get any pics of the blue Kustom head and cab. For now, here's the combo I was playing through :thumb:
image_zps735841ce.jpg

hippychip

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a purple metallic kustom stack that I have been trying to talk him out of since he doesn't use it, but he won't sell

eS.G.

Reaction score
that's an awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guitar is way cool but DAMN that amp carries me back to the days of bell bottoms and jacked up Chevy Vans with bean bag chairs in the back and carpet all around!!!

Latest posts