Classic Worn or Classic?

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
Hi!

I wondering that i should buy a guitar and i try to decide between the regular classic and the worn one.Have You any experience with this two guitar?What's Your opinion about these?What about the worn finish?Thnk all usable information!
I've had an Epiphone plustop pro, but the weight is not was my cup of tea as i know th e classics ahave weight relief chambered bodies but is there only the different between the Plustop pro and classic Epis?
Thanks! :)

BGood

Reaction score
"Worn"? Is that a "relic"?

No matter the euphemism, why would you buy a new guitar that's already been damaged?
1536592373.0999-smiley.gif

Look it up, it's not reliced, but worn as not shiny, more of a satin finish.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
1536592373.0999-smiley.gif

Look it up, it's not reliced, but worn as not shiny, more of a satin finish.
Ah - thanks for the explanation; I greatly prefer a gloss finish to satin, but that's just saving the cost of polishing, not actual damage. That's OK, then.

And I guess I just answered the OP's question - Classic.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
2020 classic is the way to go if you like a more slim neck profile. Neither is the way to go if you want a neck profile with more heft. I saw a 2020 classic worn in a store the other day. The fretboard was VERY light in appearance and the finish on the body gave it a decidedly cheap look.

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
2020 classic is the way to go if you like a more slim neck profile. Neither is the way to go if you want a neck profile with more heft. I saw a 2020 classic worn in a store the other day. The fretboard was VERY light in appearance and the finish on the body gave it a decidedly cheap look.
Thank You!The neck profile is slimmer than a 60's neck?

Apocalypse1000

Reaction score
Hi!

I wondering that i should buy a guitar and i try to decide between the regular classic and the worn one.Have You any experience with this two guitar?What's Your opinion about these?What about the worn finish?Thnk all usable information!
I've had an Epiphone plustop pro, but the weight is not was my cup of tea as i know th e classics ahave weight relief chambered bodies but is there only the different between the Plustop pro and classic Epis?
Thanks! :)
The use cheaper wood and hardware electronics in epiphone guitars. I have probuckers from from a epiphone explorer. Put them in a 9 pound explorer. They sound.

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
9 pound explorer.

weight doesn't equate to any kind of quality outside of... well, weight.
I think the same.My only reason why i looking for a lightweight guitar, especialy les paul, becouse my backbone is hurt a lot.I have a PRS SE Paul's guitar and it's really lightweight and a particular guitar.If the classic can do similar things: good sound, good weight, good quality, it would be a winner thing to my rig.I don't mind any other things about weight. :-)

BGood

Reaction score
I think the same.My only reason why i looking for a lightweight guitar, especialy les paul, becouse my backbone is hurt a lot.I have a PRS SE Paul's guitar and it's really lightweight and a particular guitar.If the classic can do similar things: good sound, good weight, good quality, it would be a winner thing to my rig.I don't mind any other things about weight. :-)
If you don't mind buying used, find yourself a LP Ultra. Mine is 6.8 lbs (3.1 kg) and has a nice cut in the back which makes it comfortable.

Back-.jpg

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
If you don't mind buying used, find yourself a LP Ultra. Mine is 6.8 lbs (3.1 kg) and has a nice cut in the back which makes it comfortable.

I'm looking for used and new also but Ultras are rare in hungary. Ultra also have a real maple top under the veneer?The bellycut is a good solution in these guitars!And the 3.1 Kg also speaks for it.Thank You for the idea!

bluestringer

Reaction score
I just bought the Classic Worn version. It is beautiful. It is a matte finish, and it's not worn as in reliced, but has a beautiful grainy look. The fret broad is Indian Laurel and is very nice, it's lighter than rosewood but not by much. And it plays smooth and fast. You would not be disappointed with it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
The use cheaper wood and hardware electronics in epiphone guitars. I have probuckers from from a epiphone explorer. Put them in a 9 pound explorer. They sound.
Cheaper wood? Sure.
Cheaper hardware? Perhaps.
Cheaper electronics? You must not have looked at spec sheets for the last couple years. CTS pots and name brand caps (Mallorys, Orange Drops) are excellent quality.

Also, a 9 pound Explorer? Okay Flexo.

bluestringer

Reaction score
Some other specs of the Classic Worn. Mahogany with maple top, slim taper C-profile neck, graph tech nut, grover tuners, alnico classic pro humbuckers with coil splitting. It sounds great. You will not be disappointed.

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
I just bought the Classic Worn version. It is beautiful. It is a matte finish, and it's not worn as in reliced, but has a beautiful grainy look. The fret broad is Indian Laurel and is very nice, it's lighter than rosewood but not by much. And it plays smooth and fast. You would not be disappointed with it.
Thank You!And what about the weight?It's lighter than a standard LP?

Morscherszenasi

Reaction score
Some other specs of the Classic Worn. Mahogany with maple top, slim taper C-profile neck, graph tech nut, grover tuners, alnico classic pro humbuckers with coil splitting. It sounds great. You will not be disappointed.
Yep!The specs are imposing!

bluestringer

Reaction score
It does not list the weight in the specs, but it is fairly heavy. All I have to compare it to is my Fender Strat, and it's as heavy or heavier than it. But the weight doesn't bother me as I always play sitting down. I can see where it would get tiring though if you play standing for long periods of time.

Latest posts