DG-335 Bridge Pickup Much Closer to Bridge

• Thread starter spupilup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spupilup

Reaction score
I was going over my new DG-335 and was struck by how close the bridge was to the bridge pickup. I know that on all Epi LP's there seems to be a bigger gap between the pickup and the bridge when compared to Gibsons. I've never taken a measuring stick to any of my LP's Gibson or Epi but visually it sure looks like the two brands are not doing the same with with regard to the bridge pickup. The same thing seems to hold true in reverse when you look at the Gibson ES-335 and the Epi DG-335. The Gibson's, at least in photos seem to have a larger gap between the bridge and the bridge pickup as compared to the DG-335. I've never owned a Gibson ES model to I have nothing to physically compare my DG-335. Am I hallucinating, is it an optical illusion or is something really going on?

I am going to work on pickup heights on my guitar this weekend, also adjusting the pole pieces. But, I have a sneaking suspicion that the bridge pickup on this guitar may turn out sounding a little more aggressive than those on my two '59's as a result of the pickup's proximity to the bridge. You'd be hard pressed to get the bridge pickup on the DG-335 any closer to the bridge. That is most definitely not the case with the '59's.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    933.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 3

spupilup

Reaction score
To me, it looks like the DG-335 pickup is situated just like what you'd find on a Gibson LP whereas the pickup on my Epi '59 is where you'd expect to find them on a Gibson ES. This later assumption being based on pictures of Gibson ES models, not having one here physically to compare.

Latest posts