EJ-200 Saddle and Pick-up

Nathaniel

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions. I got an EJ-200 used back in 2009 and it has almost always had problems with the high e-string. I think it is a saddle issue. It seems to click out of its position when I pick that string. Does anyone have suggestions of a new saddle that they have enjoyed the sound and playablilty of? I am also wondering if anyone has replaced the nut, as the nut on mine seems to be tipping out of place.

Also looking for suggestions on a possible not too expensive sound hole pick-up for it. I was looking at the LR Baggs M1, but am really new to adding pick-ups to acoustic guitars. Thanks.

Supersonic

Reaction score
If you're not comfortable doing the filing yourself, the best bet may be to take it to a luthier and have them fit a bone or TUSQ nut and compensated saddle.

As for the pickup, the one you mentioned is an excellent choice IMO.

Is your EJ-200 the non-cutaway version?

Nathaniel

Reaction score
It is the non-cutaway version. Do you have a preference when it comes to bone or TUSQ?

Supersonic

Reaction score
It is the non-cutaway version. Do you have a preference when it comes to bone or TUSQ?

I have a bone nut on one of my acoustics and a TUSQ on a couple of my electrics are they're both great. If I had to pick one I'd probably go with TUSQ, but you can't really go wrong with either one as long as the slots are cut correctly and it's installed properly.

I love the non-cutaway jumbos. I wish Epi would start making them again. Let's see a pic of that thing.

Stuart

Reaction score
Welcome Nathaniel...

I really liked a Bill Lawrence sound hole pup I had some years ago...

&, as @Supersonic suggests, a TUSQ nut is probably your best option.

Latest posts