Epiphone '59 Les Paul Aged Lemon Burst - Import from UK to US

• Thread starter Daniel Desmarais
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
It looks like the guys from Anderton's were wrong and there will be no US retailer offering the Aged Lemon Burst finish. That means that if I want one, and I DO, then I'll have to pay the trans-Atlantic shipping & import fees.

So I'm wondering is anyone ELSE has done that, and what your experience was like?

So far as I understand it I order the guitar from Anderton's, they deduct the UK VAT from the sale price, then they add the shipping (~60 pounds?), they ship to your address via DHL, and then before DHL will deliver it they contact you and you have to pay DHL the import duty. And US sales tax, but my state doesn't have sales tax.

The good news is that UK VAT is REDICULOUS, so by the time Anderton's deducts the VAT and then adds trans-Atlantic shipping it ends up being the same price as it would be if I had ordered from, say, Sweetwarer. The only thing then is the import duty.

Any feedback from anyone else who has bought from the UK would be helpful.

BGood

Reaction score
I don't think Epiphone allows them to send any of their instrument to North America. You would need to find someone in Europe that buys one and sends it to you.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
The page on the Anderton's web site that shows the guitar has an embedded YouTube video that explains Anderton's international shipping process. So if Epiphone has that policy then Anderton's isn't aware of it.

Also, that policy would only make sense if Epiphone was trying to protect their US distributors. And they would only be doing that if the Lemon Burst finish were available from a US retailer. And all of my research tells me it's not.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
You might want to email them and ask first.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to dealer agreements, some brands are restricted by region as to where they can be shipped, so we may not be able to ship some items to certain countries. These brands include Fender, Gibson, Line 6, Marshall, Roland and Yamaha. Please contact us prior to ordering if you need any more information.“

https://help.andertons.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360009209460-Can-You-Deliver-To-My-Country-

They do say “including”, and so the list is not exhaustive. Gibson also manages their brands centrally. The US, Japan and a whole slew of other countries that have established dealerships are listed there, so it’s probably a good idea to seek their clarification first.

BGood

Reaction score
The page on the Anderton's web site that shows the guitar has an embedded YouTube video that explains Anderton's international shipping process. So if Epiphone has that policy then Anderton's isn't aware of it.

Also, that policy would only make sense if Epiphone was trying to protect their US distributors. And they would only be doing that if the Lemon Burst finish were available from a US retailer. And all of my research tells me it's not.
Good luck then.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/f...-out-on-a-lazarus.464803/page-2#post-10156772

Last edited:

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
You might not find out about country of sale restrictions until you put it in your cart and try to purchase it.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
You might not find out about country of sale restrictions until you put it in your cart and try to purchase it.

That's what the guy in the thread that Bgood eventually linked to did, and he wasn't successful.

Well, that's why I started this thread, to find out what happened to other people when they tried.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that Anderton's web site STILL says the Aged Lemon Burst finish will be available in the US through an unnamed US retailer. And that's odd, because I'm not aware of, say, the Sweetwater exclusive colors being available through any UK/EU dealer.

Did Gibson give Anderton's bad information, and there will be no US retailer? And if there will be, isn't it well past time for that to be disclosed?

It's probably just time for me to learn to love the Clown Face.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Did Gibson give Anderton's bad information,
Whaaaaa?! I'm shocked and appalled that you would insinuate such a thing.

Mark-Agnesi-Play-Authentic-Gibson-YouTube-video.jpg

Does this look like the representative face of a company who would give you bad information or threaten to sue you for putting tape over their logo in promotional materials for your (band / channel) if they're not a sponsor of yours?

No, no it doesn't.

JRob

Reaction score
I tried to buy one from Andertons. They took my money but then a couple days later sent me an email saying they could not send Gibson products to the US so they refunded me my money. I have been unable to find any retailers in the US that carries this particular finish. Someone in a Facebook group that I’m in found one hanging in a Guitar Center but I have talked to them personally and they have looked into it and said that they will not be carrying it. So far the closest thing that I can find to that finish is the Lazarus.

pontaeri

Reaction score
hmm wow, that bites, can't get euro colors unless used . . . per that other forum. And confirmation here that Andertons won't ship.

I sent an email to epiphone / gibson asking if this is available in US (also another guitar I'm more interested in that lemon burst LP) . Is there some one here on the forums that has a contact in Epiphone. I know the strat page / tdpri / lp /and heritage / prs forums have POC's in their respective companies . . .

LOL @ the Play Authentic. best thing thats happened so far today! kudos Fun times. Great meme, also disheartening because <insert your fav GIbson my bad here>

NorthTex

Reaction score
It looks like the guys from Anderton's were wrong and there will be no US retailer offering the Aged Lemon Burst finish. That means that if I want one, and I DO, then I'll have to pay the trans-Atlantic shipping & import fees.

So I'm wondering is anyone ELSE has done that, and what your experience was like?

So far as I understand it I order the guitar from Anderton's, they deduct the UK VAT from the sale price, then they add the shipping (~60 pounds?), they ship to your address via DHL, and then before DHL will deliver it they contact you and you have to pay DHL the import duty. And US sales tax, but my state doesn't have sales tax.

The good news is that UK VAT is REDICULOUS, so by the time Anderton's deducts the VAT and then adds trans-Atlantic shipping it ends up being the same price as it would be if I had ordered from, say, Sweetwarer. The only thing then is the import duty.

Any feedback from anyone else who has bought from the UK would be helpful.
I was able to get an Epiphone 59' Lemon Burst from Andertons back in May. Send to me in Texas. I was watching the Aged Honey burst at Sweetwater, when I saw that Andertons was selling them. I ordered one on line, gave them my card number and the deal was done. I payed the fees due. And after about 10 days it arrived at my door.

BGood

Reaction score
I was able to get an Epiphone 59' Lemon Burst from Andertons back in May. Send to me in Texas. I was watching the Aged Honey burst at Sweetwater, when I saw that Andertons was selling them. I ordered one on line, gave them my card number and the deal was done. I payed the fees due. And after about 10 days it arrived at my door.
And they got scolded because of it. Now they won't do it a second time :rofl:

Arbuilder

Reaction score
I bought a lemonburst epiphone 59 at Guitar center in Beaumont Tx. This week. I also saw one in Nashville,Tn. Guitar center 3 weeks ago. Guitar center is the dealer for the lemonburst.

Arbuilder

Reaction score
I tried to post pics but it says file is too large. Do you know how I can make it smaller?

Latest posts