Epiphone Limited Edition 2014 Tak Matsumoto DC Custom at Musicians Friend

• Thread starter El Cid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IRG

Reaction score
I've really never paid attention to this model, but I gotta say it's growing on me. Looks sexy in black too. Nice pickup combo, long neck tenon, case. Pretty good value overall. Must resist...

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Thanks for posting a pic Paruwi.

I decided to preorder it. If and when I get it, I will post some pics

I hope you'll get one and am waiting for the pics.....

for now I've got some more, just for the droooolz

N_100114H1.jpg

N_100114H8.jpg

You just can't beat a nice 'Split Diamond' inlay and binding on a headstock

WillieB

Reaction score
I really like the looks of the guitar that Tak is holding in the pic above. Don't know why epiphone decided to put gold hardware on it. Just my personal preference. On second thought, maybe the guitar in his hands does have gold hardware, but the lighting/exposure/whatever on the pic makes it look like nickel or chrome. Either way, I really dig the shape of the body on the Tak.

fuelish

Reaction score
Foothills o' the Great Smoky Mtns, TN, USA
Finally, a black Epi guit with an ebony board.....ALL black guitars should have ebony boards.....says me!!! Not a fan of black guits (sorry, PeteR), but.... I'd definitely rock it if I had the discretionary income.... I just spent that kinda $$$ on a new hot water tank, dagnabbit!!!

Walt_T

Reaction score
The only thing I don't love about that guitar is the gold trc, to me it takes away from the classiic LPC headstock look. I would much prefer the b/w/b trc.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Finally, a black Epi guit with an ebony board.....ALL black guitars should have ebony boards.....says me!!! Not a fan of black guits (sorry, PeteR), but.... I'd definitely rock it if I had the discretionary income.... I just spent that kinda $$$ on a new hot water tank, dagnabbit!!!

You've to wonder why you need to get a Gibson from the Custom-shop to get Ebony boards,
and not even all have Ebony, many of the have Richlite (which is better looking than Rosewood, IMO)

El Cid

Reaction score
The gold TRC is not my cup of tea either. More than likely I will change it.....but now to decide between a TRC saying 'PeteR' or 'WaltT' :D

fumblefinger

Reaction score
By the time I get my bonus check (like April) they'll be gone and someone will be listing them on ebay for $1000. Too bad we don't have a forum member in Japan who could do a small side business buying the "Japan Only" ones and shipping them...

El Cid

Reaction score
By the time I get my bonus check (like April) they'll be gone and someone will be listing them on ebay for $1000. Too bad we don't have a forum member in Japan who could do a small side business buying the "Japan Only" ones and shipping them...
That would be an awesome idea.

Latest posts