epiphone scroll

• Thread starter tryagain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Campbell

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of this model? Made in Japan back in the 70's I am not sure if exported to the states.View attachment 12073
They were made in Japan briefly 1976-78. Some came with Gibson pickups. You can OCCASIONALLY find one on eBay for PLENTY of money, mostly in Europe. It took me 15 years to find one. It was in Germany and had smoke damage but it's mine now.sc-550-ad.jpg

Norton

Reaction score
Every time I see one of those I want to cut that scroll off and make those points symmetrical

tryagain

Reaction score
Every time I see one of those I want to cut that scroll off and make those points symmetrical
You don't have too, there is a model called "Olympic" that already has it. Look to the Wikipedia page above and see all kind of unique and rare Epiphones.

evmandude

Reaction score
I have 2 scrolls, and I'm looking for cases for them. Anyone have luck finding one that is guitar shaped (preference)?

Equalphone

Reaction score
I have 2 scrolls, and I'm looking for cases for them. Anyone have luck finding one that is guitar shaped (preference)?

Maybe one of the old square Gibson cases would work. They're getting a bit pricey though... so perhaps a new Gator case of the same.

FWIW, the interior shape of a case is most always just styrofoam under the plush lining. So you can pull the lining off (easy), re-carve, and reattach the lining.

Latest posts