Fender JazzMaster Acoustasonic - should I buy it?

• Thread starter Dudemeister
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dudemeister

Reaction score
This past weekend I was at one of my local flea markets, and came across a rather unusual item for a fleamarket, and like new Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster. THis is an American made one, not one of the MIM "Player" models.

The guy was asking $700, and it was the end of the day, and he was getting ready to pack it up. I didn't have the moeny to buy it outright, but I got the guys phone number.

Now the question is, should I or shouldn't I?

I have not played one before, and I see a lot of love/hate reviews for the acoustasoinics in general. Does any one here have one? What do you think. I know they retail for $2K, and can be had for as little as $1200. So, is $700 a good price?

Norton

Reaction score
yeah you should buy it. those guitars are cooooool as all get out.

Equalphone

Reaction score
My experience is that they have a couple really good sound positions played through a good acoustic amp or an amp that can handle acoustics well.

As an acoustic, I can only quote another poster: They sound like a "demented banjo".

Play-ability wise they are nice. Familiar Fender neck, relatively thin for an acoustic.

My issue is that I don't know what need they fill. They're not a very good acoustic. They're only good plugged in and much less versatile than a comparable solid body. But I mic'ed acoustic or an A/E is better for that.

I wanted one because I much prefer "electric style" necks. But in the end, I moved on to other pastures.

Last edited:

Latest posts