Firebird with no serial number?

Marc9

Reaction score
IMG_7570.jpgIMG_7574.jpgIMG_7579.jpgIMG_7581.jpgIMG_7583.jpgIMG_7690.jpgIMG_7691.jpgIMG_7692.jpgIMG_7693.jpg

Hi! For years I had this guitar, allegedly a Epiphone Firebird, bought second hand. I was trying to verify if it was a real Epiphone or a fake. It shows no serial number anywhere (not in any part of the headstock, cavities, etc. As far as I concern, all hardware matches exactly those used in some of the brand models. Had original Steinberger tuners, pickups... I made some mods throughout the years (lighter locking tuners, strap locks, shield and screws). Does anyone know a way I can verify it? Played many Epiphones and Firebirds for a long time. Can tell the feel, construction, finishing, all refer to the other models I played. Here in Brazil there are some copies that comes from China, but given my own opinion, my luthier evaluation, it speaks to me as an original product, with very superior construction and similar to some Korean Epi's. Didn't find any guitar like this (not even any information about Firebirds with humbuckers + block inlays). If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Raiyn

Reaction score
img_7690-jpg.17744

Yikes

Nduro

Reaction score
nice mess on the bridge, sounded good in every position?

Marc9

Reaction score
There's nothing in the headstock, unfortunately. I guess it had this sticker, altough I never seen any in the Epi's I played :/ . Read online some informations about the mik from Samik using this stickers, but still isn't sure. What really gets me is the unmatched block inlays. Never seen anything like that with two Humbuckers. Only the Slash custom firebird. Thank you all for replying! I still have the original pickguard that came with it. More pictures: escudo.jpg

guita.png

Latest posts