FS: 1964 Epiphone Coronet

bossaddict

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 1964 Epiphone Coronet in original Cherry finish. This is a great bang-for-the-buck vintage guitar. It's sort of like the Gibson SG Junior's little brother. It even has a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and was built in Kalamazoo, Michigan by the same workers!

It is extremely light and resonant and sounds great with the single dogear P-90. The only issue with playability is that bends above the 12th fret on the high-E string choke out. This is possibly something that can be worked out with a setup or maybe fret dressing, but it also might just be time for a refret.

When I bought this guitar, it had replacement knobs, but I've since hunted down a pair of authentic sixties reflectors for it. It's otherwise all-original. As with pretty much all examples of these, the pickguard is lifting up slightly near the neck, but it doesn't affect anything.

It's got some bumps and bruises as you might expect from a 50+ year old guitar, but no breaks or repairs. Beautiful nitro finish checking throughout.

The weight is 5 lbs, 6.2 oz.

Here are the neck thickness measurements...
1st fret: 0.804"
7th fret: 0.876"
12th fret: 0.973"

A non-original soft case will be included in the sale or if you prefer, I can buy a hard case for an additional $50 (would delay shipping out for a few days).

This has a lovely Brazilian rosewood fretboard, so I'm limiting the sale to within the U.S. to avoid any associated CITIES red tape.

Asking $1650 PP/shipped.

VYncJfW.jpg

SEbwIpO.jpg

hyeYWXM.jpg

P4E0aDE.jpg

DtDok4t.jpg

3PCkWqe.jpg

D4Wxwdq.jpg

wElYDVk.jpg

c06qHG6.jpg

9pEQeO9.jpg

Ogiww8W.jpg