Good evening to all.

• Thread starter Bryan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the party!! I started playing late in the game at 55 years old. Turn 65 this year. Better late than never!! I'm very fond of all Epiphones. Having a touch of collector in my blood I'm frequently afflicted by NGD :-). I particularly love the inspired by Gibson line up and some of the Artist series guitars. Love the "geek" part of electric guitars especially the history of how we got from "there" to "here"!!

Take care and stay well!!

3bolt79

Reaction score
Hey, Welcome! Please post pics of your guitars. Also, tell us your location. City/State or country/Province.

I love the IBG line and I have a dozen of them. Mostly LP’s. They really are head and shoulders above most of the old ones.

My latest Epi is the Monkey SG. Before that I got an Epi Greeny Les Paul.

Congrats on finding this forum.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the party!! I started playing late in the game at 55 years old. Turn 65 this year. Better late than never!! I'm very fond of all Epiphones. Having a touch of collector in my blood I'm frequently afflicted by NGD :-). I particularly love the inspired by Gibson line up and some of the Artist series guitars. Love the "geek" part of electric guitars especially the history of how we got from "there" to "here"!!

Take care and stay well!!
Welcome @Bryan!

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Welcome to Epi Talk @ Bryan

I bought my first Epiphone a couple of years ago.

I wanted a Gibson 335, I had a 68' in my youth and wanted one again. After playing a few, I discovered they were no where near what I had as a kid in quality or feel.

So I found an Epi dot locally, cheap and bought it.

Now I have two Epi Dots and Two Epi Les Pauls.

On a side note, about a year ago I found what I believe to be my original Gibson. The ask was $7,200.00 and it was showing it's age, not in a good way.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
Hey Bryan, welcome aboard.
I hope you bless us with your presence regularly.
We obviously have some things in common and we'd all love to see some pics of your Epiphones if you'd be so kind?

Bryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'd love to post some pictures, but every picture I select I get a message that says the file is too big for the server to load. I guess I need to shrink/ downsize the pictures?? I'm not quite sure how to do that. I am not a very computer literate fellow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'd love to post some pictures, but every picture I select I get a message that says the file is too big for the server to load. I guess I need to shrink/ downsize the pictures?? I'm not quite sure how to do that. I am not a very computer literate fellow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Yup, unfortunately we do have a size limit on photos. Others may have methods that are simpler but I've found this works best for me.

1) Upload the any photos you want to post to the desktop of your computer or laptop.

2) Select the photo by left clicking twice. When it displays on the screen right click and a menu of choices will appear. One of the selections is "Resize Image". Select that and a screen will appear that allows to you to set a new size for that photo. I use a size of 1200 x 900 and it always works for me. Just select a width of 1200 and the height will automatically be 900. Then save the resized photo.

3) Now when to use the "Attach File" and select that photo from your desk top it should upload and allow you to insert either a thumbnail or a full size image. I keep photos on my desktop because it's convenient but you could save the resized photo to a different file if you wish.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

Reaction score
Yup, unfortunately we do have a size limit on photos. Others may have methods that are simpler but I've found this works best for me.

1) Upload the any photos you want to post to the desktop of your computer or laptop.

2) Select the photo by left clicking twice. When it displays on the screen right click and a menu of choices will appear. One of the selections is "Resize Image". Select that and a screen will appear that allows to you to set a new size for that photo. I use a size of 1200 x 900 and it always works for me. Just select a width of 1200 and the height will automatically be 900. Then save the resized photo.

3) Now when to use the "Attach File" and select that photo from your desk top it should upload and allow you to insert either a thumbnail or a full size image. I keep photos on my desktop because it's convenient but you could save the resized photo to a different file if you wish.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the tech tips!! I'll give it a try!!!

Bryan

Reaction score
Hello All,

I joined this great group a little while ago. I was asked to post a pic of some of my epi's. My pic was too big to post. With the help of Soulman I managed to resize a pic and it worked!!! Thank you kind sir!!
I'm a Les Paul fan/nut as are some others here :cool: Please enjoy!!!

Bryan

Attachments

• IMG_E2871 (1).JPG
    IMG_E2871 (1).JPG
    727 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts