How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
There have been tropical cyclones scares to our north, one even started at a cat 5 but has been downgraded to a tropical low now. I'm happy about that as I have 2 daughters and 5 grandkids that were in the firing line until it petered out.

Here today is 30 C and tomorrow 35 C. This season it's been relatively cool and I don't think we have cracked 40 once. Feb is when we usually get the really high temps.

The paddocks are still green due to regular rainfall and that eases the risk of bushfires, the bane of our existence here in summer usually. That's 3 wet summers in a row now. Global cooling?

8 days to autumn.. woohoo!

Pics if you have them please?

Last edited:

eS.G.

Reaction score
Fooking cold here....below freezing at night......didn't break 33 degrees yesterday, but we are predicted to be 70 F tomorrow afternoon :wow:

YoYo weather for sure.....

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
It finally made it to single digits F, after -11 last night:mad::mad::mad:
Tonight we get the wonderful "Winter mix" freezing rain after 3-5 inches of snow (or so they GUESS)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Weatherman? where else can you get paid for being wrong 70% of the time:rofl:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
We had a mostly sunny day here, up to 12°C - not bad for February

though I have a feeling the winter isn't over yet

fishered

Reaction score
not sure what it is in celsius not sure I spelled it right Paruwi but 19 degrees

RTH

Reaction score
It sbeen below zero here all week. Its supposed to get up to 32F tomorrow. Should feel warm compared to the rest of the week.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Wisconsin decided to try to kill us the last couple days... It's been -20 degrees Fahrenheit or lower when I woke up the last three mornings. My truck played hard ball and didn't want to start the first try! And it's not even a diesel! :frown:

Alty

Reaction score
Rain this morning but Blue Sky trying to get through now, still a chill in the air though at 3°.

bilbarstow

Reaction score
12* F here today, and we got about 5" of snow overnight. Supposed to warm back up to about the 20s today, but Sunday Monday and Tuesday are expecting overnight lows to get to about -10* F and daytime highs around 10* F or LESS for new records that go back to 1899 or 1900. Lots of time spent indoors.

RTH

Reaction score
12* F here today, and we got about 5" of snow overnight. Supposed to warm back up to about the 20s today, but Sunday Monday and Tuesday are expecting overnight lows to get to about -10* F and daytime highs around 10* F or LESS for new records that go back to 1899 or 1900. Lots of time spent indoors.

We hit a record low from 1904 here in Metro Detroit this past week.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Well, we got the predicted 3-5 (closer to 8) inches of snow, overnight. It has warmed up to the low 30s F, but now the freezing rain is forming ice on top of the already moist heavy snow, to be followed by dropping temps.
DSC00850_zpszid19npt.jpg

DSC00852_zpsmfoh3p36.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
33 c (91f) and I need to so some work outside today. Maybe not slashing as the cast iron motor of my tractor is hot enough on it's own without doing it on a hot day. We have had a summer alternating heat and rain and the grass down the paddock is 4' high and needs cutting bad! I worked outside until 11.30 yesterday but came in buggered.

BGood

Reaction score
Last month here in southern Québec, have seen daily lows of -20s °C or less. A few nights at -30°C. My wood pile is fast dwindling.

The house is sooo dry inside, even with an air exchanger, every guitar have fret sprout. My finger tips started cracking. Lip balm all the time. Got to go play outside to get some humidity back in my system. Drinking two liters of water a day barely helps.

Bring on the March sun and nice snow dumps for snowboarding.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I keep a big pot of water on the wood burnig stove here, & also run a food steamer in the bedroom, . Woke up with nose bleeds a few times before the steamer, not cool.

Alty

Reaction score
Rainy and wet and trying to snow but not cold enough.

Digger

Reaction score
Well, we got the predicted 3-5 (closer to 8) inches of snow, overnight. It has warmed up to the low 30s F, but now the freezing rain is forming ice on top of the already moist heavy snow, to be followed by dropping temps.
DSC00850_zpszid19npt.jpg

DSC00852_zpsmfoh3p36.jpg

Looks like a BBQ is out for the moment!!

Latest posts