It was a Happy Father's Day for me ('new to me' Epiphone Les Paul Standard gold-top)

• Thread starter guitar_199
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_199

Reaction score
Had been watching an ad in FB Marketplace. The guy was letting go of a pretty gold top and it really looked great to me. After years of copies that were "reasonable".... I finally sprang into action and "gave her THOSE EYES" yesterday and "off we went" to go see it. I was really pleased with it. Action needs a little work to suit me... but a nice clear voice was there. Everything worked great and "not any fret wear" worth worrying about.

So, as a new owner in the Epiphone "family" I am now digging around to find out what I've got. The S/N comes back as a 2013 (Sept) in Qingdao plant.. which may be common as all get out. I am trying to find out if there are any "specs" available on the web as I'd like to have an idea what would have come on this model originally. I am really wondering about the pickups and I know that I can pull them and look... I am just not sure that I would know what I was looking AT in terms of part numbers/labels/markings to identify what they actually are.

But.... this is me.... digging in to the new world (for me). :)

I look forward to being around....

Bob

guitar_199

Reaction score
This is from my phone. I dont have tools on it the shrink the others and they are too large.

But this is it..... most likely a "pretty common" pic around here.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1718643918767.jpg
    FB_IMG_1718643918767.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12

Charles Carter

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new-to-you Gold Top.
I'll be following this with interest as I've already seen conflicting specs online.
Alnico Classics or ProBuckers?
Syco's ad says the former, is it 2013?
I await with bated breath.

Latest posts