JJN Blues Power LP Custom

• Thread starter Davis Sharp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score

Introducing The Epiphone Jared James Nichols “Blues Power” Les Paul Custom - Aged Pelham Blue​

$999 US

EILPCJJNAPBNH3_front.png

Darkness

Reaction score
Mmhmm. Wild that a custom with one pickup, two knobs, and no switch costs $200 more than a custom with two pickups, four knobs, and a switch.

The blue does look nice on videos.

Darkness

Reaction score
The custom made P90 must have something to do with that.
That may be the case, but looking at the black or gold ones, those are $200 and 150 less respectively. They also come with SD P90s, and SD dog ears don't range in price that much. The "JJN Silencer" is 149 retail, the only other dog ears they offer are 139. It is possible SD made a cheap pickup for the prior models I suppose.

I can't help feeling there's a reverse limbo game going on at Epi. Let's see how high we can raise the bar and people still get through.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
That may be the case, but looking at the black or gold ones, those are $200 and 150 less respectively. They also come with SD P90s, and SD dog ears don't range in price that much. The "JJN Silencer" is 149 retail, the only other dog ears they offer are 139. It is possible SD made a cheap pickup for the prior models I suppose.

I can't help feeling there's a reverse limbo game going on at Epi. Let's see how high we can raise the bar and people still get through.
That's a good point... As far as I can tell, the SD P90 that came with the previous rendition are the same as the normal aftermarket SD P90 dog ears...

It does seem weird if only this model is $999 - but the "things have gotten more expensive" line doesn't seem to work logically unless they raise the price of Gold Glory too (not that I'm asking for them to do so)

Old Woody

Reaction score

Latest posts