Les Paul 300 Control Cavity Cover

28 Flathead

Reaction score
I'm looking for a CCC for a Les Paul 300. They are a bit bigger than a Standard (see pics)

Any one out there have a truss rod cover for a Les Paul 300 or even a pic of one? I can't seem to find either? I have seen pics of one for a Les Paul 100.
Was the 300 a different cover? Perhaps Standard or something else? Did they use the 100 cover?

Any info at all on these would be great!

I was gifted a neck and body to a LP 300 with neck plate and screws by @syco some time back.

I'll post pics when I get a little closer to done.

My plan is to get it working mechanically / acoustically before I consider electronics. ( I don't play much amplified anymore anyway) I have what I need from an old kit , but I'm at least going to up grade the pots and cap and switch.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 6.11.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 6.11.44 AM.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 7.29.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 7.29.03 AM.png
    862.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Thanks @Noodling Guitars, those are readily available!
I think those were from back when they still used TRC's with "Gibson" written on them!
That was a great suggestion but, the "Gibson" TRC from one of my Dots is a different screw pattern. The 300 screw pattern is the same as a Standard.

I know this is just an inexpensive entry level guitar, and for that reason alone, I don't want to brand it as something it's not. Maybe I can find a blank one.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
That was a great suggestion but, the "Gibson" TRC from one of my Dots is a different screw pattern. The 300 screw pattern is the same as a Standard.

I know this is just an inexpensive entry level guitar, and for that reason alone, I don't want to brand it as something it's not. Maybe I can find a blank one.
The shape is different indeed. Basically what you're looking for is the bell shape (not the one with the two small bevels at the lower corners, just the standard one). Like this:

img_1755-jpg.44716

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting you buy from these guys (cause some of them charge wayyyy too much), but just to show you the difference in available products:

This is the type you want:
s-l500.jpg

NOT this one:

h4daxmks7dfkyqsekmfx.jpg

Latest posts