Les Paul Kill Switch mod (Buckethead inspired)

Marty_McFly

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls!

It has been a while since my last post. Inbetween I've found the perfect Les Paul for me and have her already since 5 months now. (I'm talking from a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Pro. I probably will make a thread about that one in the next couple of weeks.)

So now where I have a real LP, I thought that I could mod my *fake* one from Harley Benton. You guys have to know that I am a big Buckethead fan and so I do love Kill Switches. This thought about doing something like a Kill Switch mod to a Les Paul of mine was already quit some time in my head and now I finaly made it.

Today afternoon I was at my local hardware store and looked out for momentary switches. The only ones I could find were to hard to push or to big, as they were supposed to be used as a door bell :) . Somewhere in the store I found then a standard 2 way toggle switch. I thought that that one looked very interesting so I bought two of 'em (since I wanted to mod the toggle switch somehow so that he acts like a momentary switch and I wasn't sure if I would break one unintentionally)

At home I opened one of the switches and spring loaded the lever so that he goes back to the "starting position" after I pushed him. ( works now like a momentary switch) I decided to take out the tone knob of the bridge humbucker and moved the 3 way toggle switch(PU selecter) in that position. There where the 3 way toggle switch was before, I placed the 2 way toggle switch/now momentary switch, which works now as Kill Switch.

I atached some pics to this thread which do show how that LP looks now.(sry for the bad quality) I think that she looks quit interesting/cool and good, but thats only my personal view. It would be very nice of you guys and girls to give me your honest opinion to how the guitar looks now and what you think about it.

Thank You in advance!

IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0462.JPG IMG_0465.JPG

Marty_McFly

Reaction score
Could have gone Volume, volume, master tone and stuck one of these in there.

Yeah, you are right, I could have done that. But I wanted something a littlebit outstanding so I decidet to that switch (might change later on to a arcade button) Though I have to say that I really like the light ring around the Kill Switch of the video.

KatlinFunn

Reaction score
Wow, I love the way it looks on your guitar. I feel like it adds a more professional solid look.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Wow, I love the way it looks on your guitar. I feel like it adds a more professional solid look.
He probably went back to the future already... (but far away enough from this zombie post)
You dont' like that arcade button kill switches? Not a kill switch person myself, but those seem to be pretty fun.

KatlinFunn

Reaction score
When I first got my guitar, I was happy and ready to use my savings to buy as much equipment as possible. Of course, I chose a switch that had horrible quality, and in less than a year, it was already defective. After that, I studied this topic more deeply and found these cool guitar switches. I have been using them for the past three or four years, I can't remember exactly, and I can say that I believe they are the best option for their price.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Among-Us-Emergency-Meeting-Screenshot-1.jpg

Latest posts