Let's see your Juniors

• Thread starter Don_Swazy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don_Swazy

Reaction score
I missed out on a $40 LP Junior I've been eyeing on Craigslist that may have been a fun one to mod. Dang it.

Let's see your Epi Juniors.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
Here's my Jr; '57 Reissue:

17257890562_8f1074bb8d.jpg

It doesn't see a ton of playing time but I also can't bear to part with it for some reason.

I also keep meaning to swap out the P100 for a P90 because who likes a P100.

Shane

duceditor

Reaction score
It was an used Epi Junior -- a 2005 -- that got me so "into" these light, simple, P90 equipped guitars. And they now take up the bulk of my playing time. Here's the one:

Epi Junior.jpg

I then got into the newer 2 PUP version sold as the Special, and it is that indeed.

Epiphone Special 2 copy_zpsqbkmcqdt.JPG

And those lead me to what may be for me a ultimate rock guitar, a 2015 Gibson Les Paul CM -- here seen with its original `61 HB PUP, since replaced with a P94 clone (below).

This guitar and amp combination simply ROCKS!

Ultimate Rock Machine WEB.jpg LP CM w New P94 clone WEB.jpg

-don

merlot

Reaction score
0317181705_Burst02.jpg Here is a junior I could not resist . I call it the little plywood wonder because I wonder why it sounds so good !0317181703.jpg was surprised that my cell camera recognized this as a burst without my input.

Last edited:

gsmacleod

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I'm digging the LP Juniors. I'm keeping my eye out for a used white one.

The '57 Jr Reissues are fairly rare but they are great (especially if you like thicker necks) and there was an alpine white version. The downside is the P100 although many of those have already been upgraded to a P90.

Shane

wildeman

Reaction score
The '57 Jr Reissues are fairly rare but they are great (especially if you like thicker necks) and there was an alpine white version. The downside is the P100 although many of those have already been upgraded to a P90.

Shane
I still cant figure out what they were thinking with that pickup, crappy P 90 or crappy humbucker....either way it was a success!:thumb:
I have a beautiful ES 135 that was cursed with them and i have a TV Jones T 90 and a GFS alnico classic P 90 for the bridge waiting to go in ( its a total hassle to work on).

Michael A.

Reaction score
I missed out on a $40 LP Junior I've been eyeing on Craigslist that may have been a fun one to mod. Dang it.

I bought 2 Juniors a couple of weeks apart for, you guessed it, $40 each. One in California while on business and one at home in Virginia. I'm going to add a mini humbucker in the neck of one, and probably go to 2 P94s in the other one.

Junior1small.jpg Junior2small.jpg

Last edited:

Walker

Reaction score
Unfortunately I let My Epi '57 Reissue Junior go. Don't know why I did that , It was an AWESOME guitar after I took out the P100. The second one is my PGK '58 Junior replica that I put together a year ago.

full
full

Latest posts