Need info on old FT-155

Ted Kingsbury

Reaction score
I have an old FT-155 which I bought new, but unfortunately I can’t remember what year. It has the blue label but does not say “Union Made”, or “Made in Japan”, or “Made in USA”. It says “Flattop” at the top right and “FT-155” below that. The serial number is clear and is “110058”. At the bottom right it has some lettering, but it has been scratched out and is unreadable. The other thing is, it has a plain black pickguard (no “E” on it). The SN decoders I have tried don’t work very well. I’d say it’s probably early 70s, but I’m pretty sure I bought it before 1970. Is that possible? I think I bought it between 1967 and 1969 while I was in college before I went into the Air Force. It was damaged in 1972 or 73, and I bought a Gibson J50 in 1974. I really think I had the FT-155 for more than 4 years which would mean I bought it in 1970 at the latest. Sorry this is kind of long but I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery. Thanks for any info and rock on!

Zero

Reaction score
I have an old FT-155 which I bought new, but unfortunately I can’t remember what year. It has the blue label but does not say “Union Made”, or “Made in Japan”, or “Made in USA”. It says “Flattop” at the top right and “FT-155” below that. The serial number is clear and is “110058”. At the bottom right it has some lettering, but it has been scratched out and is unreadable. The other thing is, it has a plain black pickguard (no “E” on it). The SN decoders I have tried don’t work very well. I’d say it’s probably early 70s, but I’m pretty sure I bought it before 1970. Is that possible? I think I bought it between 1967 and 1969 while I was in college before I went into the Air Force. It was damaged in 1972 or 73, and I bought a Gibson J50 in 1974. I really think I had the FT-155 for more than 4 years which would mean I bought it in 1970 at the latest. Sorry this is kind of long but I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery. Thanks for any info and rock on!
Pics can ID 99% of the time

Gibsaphone

Reaction score
Just wondering...dose it say (Norlin) in the bottom left corner.?? Or ( Lincolnwood) any where on the lable..

Latest posts