New-to-me 2006 Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet G5238T

• Thread starter rockandroll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Nice! Does it stay in tune when you dive the bar? If it doesn't I might have some tips for you that may be helpful. Whatever you do, don't tighten the mounting screws on the Bigsby. You can bend the wings.

That is a flat bottomed Bigsby on an arched top, and if it gets over tightened it will bend, and then the roller won't turn and it will never stay in tune. Other that that, tuning issues are usually nut or bridge related.

Norton

Reaction score
those are way more rock and roll sounding than their vintage correct Japanese duo jets. and for whatever reason, the electromatic bigsby equipped guitars seem to be more stable than most bigsby guitars.

it doesn't make sense. but it's true.

rockandroll

Reaction score
Nice! Does it stay in tune when you dive the bar? If it doesn't I might have some tips for you that may be helpful. Whatever you do, don't tighten the mounting screws on the Bigsby. You can bend the wings.

That is a flat bottomed Bigsby on an arched top, and if it gets over tightened it will bend, and then the roller won't turn and it will never stay in tune. Other that that, tuning issues are usually nut or bridge related.
So far, yes, stays perfectly in tune! I don't really go crazy on the tremolo, though, so I might not be testing it too much - would definitely be interested in those tips you mentioned, though, in case I get energetic one of these days LOL

Latest posts