NGD: Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 59 Les Paul

• Thread starter joseph07081
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
I really like that. I should stop looking. I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved 59... look but don't touch...

joseph07081

Reaction score
I really like that. I should stop looking. I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved 59... look but don't touch...
I was looking at 59's myself, mainly due to all of the positive conversations I have been reading. When this model came out, and seeing it was similar to the 59's with slightly different specs, I knew it was the one I wanted. Usually i agonize over a purchase, when I saw this in stock, I did not hesitate ( I was out with my wife and I ordered it from my phone while we were eating lunch).

Raiyn

Reaction score
I was looking at 59's myself, mainly due to all of the positive conversations I have been reading. When this model came out, and seeing it was similar to the 59's with slightly different specs, I knew it was the one I wanted.
:cheers:

Any chance we can get a control cavity shot? I'd love to see what I can suss out spec wise.

RMLamey

Reaction score
Very nice, I think im going to snag 1. My only complaint is wish they would have used a more aged looking finish, not relic but just a finish that was more satin or flat to elude to age.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I like the specs. I’m not a big fan on Joe however. Is that a veneer on back? Pictures I’ve seen showed it having a two piece back with no veneer.

joseph07081

Reaction score
I like the specs. I’m not a big fan on Joe however. Is that a veneer on back? Pictures I’ve seen showed it having a two piece back with no veneer.
I was just checking that. It is hard to see with inside lighting, when I take it out into the sun I can definitely see a 2 piece back. It is matched very well and with the darker color it was harder to see, but it is there.

joseph07081

Reaction score
Very nice, I think im going to snag 1. My only complaint is wish they would have used a more aged looking finish, not relic but just a finish that was more satin or flat to elude to age.
It is a mostly satin finish, but there is definitely a touch of gloss to it. My own preference is for a touch more gloss, but not a full on shiny finish. I was thinking about using Virtuoso polish on the top only just to see if I can give it a touch more pop, but I am going to hold off on that and just play it for awhile and see what happens.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Sorry I am a day late, things have been a bit hectic here.

View attachment 15797
No worries, those are definitely 400V (in this application that only matters in terms of physical size) Mallory "150" caps. I'm not going to ask you to move anything, but I can't see the capacitance and tolerance as they positioned the caps. Most likely they're 0.022uF and (one hopes) 5% tolerance. I've got a set of those in my G400.

joseph07081

Reaction score
No worries, those are definitely 400V (in this application that only matters in terms of physical size) Mallory "150" caps. I'm not going to ask you to move anything, but I can't see the capacitance and tolerance as they positioned the caps. Most likely they're 0.022uF and (one hopes) 5% tolerance. I've got a set of those in my G400.
I did try to twist one of the caps but it would not move far enough to get any additional information.

Jonny Beck

Reaction score
Looks lovely, however I wish there was a Standard clone with a real maple cap, ma-gog-gunny body (1 pc. if at all possible, dark fingerboard (ebony if rosewood is unavailable), mahogany neck and not TOO dumb looking in the headstock dept. ...cheers folks

Latest posts