NGD for Today, and Two More for Tomorrow Updated. Monkey has arrived.

• Thread starter 3bolt79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I really went crazy this week.

Got this for $150.00. 2018 Squier CV 50’s Tele. My friend from my local VA clinic dropped it off. It can with a case too.

Originally I was buying it for a friend, but he backed out, and I decided to keep it. It’s everything I was looking for in a Tele.

It has an ash body. It’s heavy, and it has great AlNiCo pickups. It sound great clean and through high gain.

The guy that I bought it from had it professionally set up and had the frets leveled. I did have to raise the action a bit, believe it or not, and adjust the intonation on the 6th string. That was it.

There is a few scratches on the pickguard and a small ding at the top of the headstock. Otherwise perfect.
IMG_0691.jpegIMG_0692.jpeg

I will post on my other two incoming guitars later. They are due to arrive tomorrow.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score

Got this for $150.00. 2018 Squier CV 50’s Tele. My friend from my local VA clinic dropped it off. It can with a case too.

Originally I was buying it for a friend, but he backed out, and I decided to keep it. It’s everything I was looking for in a Tele.

It has an ash body. It’s heavy, and it has great AlNiCo pickups. It sound great clean and through high gain.

The guy that I bought it from had it professionally set up and had the frets leveled. I did have to raise the action a bit, believe it or not, and adjust the intonation on the 6th string. That was it.

There is a few scratches on the pickguard and a small ding at the top of the headstock. Otherwise perfect.
View attachment 24224View attachment 24225

I will post on my other two incoming guitars later. They are due to arrive tomorrow.
A CV tele for $150? What a great deal ! HNGD !

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

View attachment 24224View attachment 24225

Helluva deal for $150 brother. Find me a couple like that will ya? LOL

spupilup

Reaction score
This is my AO ‘50’s model. It weighs under 7 lbs, and I’d never let it go.

HNGD, enjoy that Squier, the CV’s were a remarkable bargain. It’s a correct assessment that everyone needs at least one Tele in their arsenal.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5

3bolt79

Reaction score
Well, I’m feeling better, so I opened up the Monkey. I set it up. It is perfect. Not one screw needed to be tightened. No pokey or uneven frets. Best QC of any Epiphone I’ve ever bought to date.

The fretboard was a little dry. It darkened up nicely with a couple coats of oil.

Before..,
IMG_0694.jpeg
After…
IMG_0701.jpeg

The nut was perfect out of the box. No need to lower any slots.

I’m not really a fan of the wrap around bridge. The thing took the longest amount of time to rough out the intonation.
IMG_0694.jpeg

I will let it sit tonight since I did adjust the truss rod, befor I do the final intonation with the strobe tomorrow.

Latest posts