NGD!! Sheraton in a tuxedo

Mike Drop

Reaction score
Its here. The Sheraton II EB. Nope, not a pro. Needs an intense set-up session. The neck is straight and the frets seem a little worn but not worn out. The intonation is way off.
I'll check the string height but seems okay for now. Only a couple of marks keeps it out of the 'excellent' category.

First things first. Installing Shaller strap locks. Here's a tip: Apply a very small amount of candle wax to the screw threads. Makes it easier.KIMG0331.JPG

Cleaned up nice. KIMG0333 - Copy.JPG

That ebony finish is so black its blue. KIMG0332 - Copy.JPG

The 'E' tree. KIMG0338 - Copy.JPG

The tailpiece has some of the plating rubbed off. I have to think that so-called gold plating is only a couple of molecules thick. KIMG0339 - Copy.JPG

Mike Drop

Reaction score
Thanks CC, good eye. Yes, I'm taking the pick guard off to do that. I won't risk getting superglue on the finish. Interestingly, I don't think its the original 'guard. It doesn't have a mark on it.

Mike Drop

Reaction score
Quite a lovely lass, I must say!

Maybe a drop of Super Glue under the logo on the 'guard, & a clamp for a little while; wouldn't want it to finish the peel-off it's started!
R&R'd the pick guard to stick it down. Applied a very judicious drop of super glue and clamped with a simple clothespin. Cleaned under the guard and polished the gunk off the brightwork.
pick guard 01.JPG

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
R&R'd the pick guard to stick it down. Applied a very judicious drop of super glue and clamped with a simple clothespin. Cleaned under the guard and polished the gunk off the brightwork.
View attachment 16028
Most excellent! (And good call on the remove-to-fix!) My Sheri (see avatar, at left) has the printed logo; won't fall off, but it doesn't look quite as groovy.

Mike Drop

Reaction score
Most excellent! (And good call on the remove-to-fix!) My Sheri (see avatar, at left) has the printed logo; won't fall off, but it doesn't look quite as groovy.
Thanks again, CC. Just finished two hours of set-up. I don't think it has ever been properly set up. The neck had a minor amount of arch so I inserted the key to loosen it and felt some resistance. It gently broke loose like something that had never been moved. The string height was too high and the pickups were off too. Finally, the intonation is correct thanks to my obsessive-compulsive disorder.:shock:

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, one more thing - good call on the Schallers; they're the onliest way to go!

(I have put them on every electric I own, and on every one I had care of in my roadie days - including a '59 Strat, a '59 ES-330-TD, & a '53 LP. I'll pass on the vintage-correct look of the stock buttons to avoid the vintage-correct sound of a guitar hitting the floor every time!)

3bolt79

Reaction score
My friend had one of those recently. I set it up. And, she returned it. I had offered a Gibson LP studio in trade for that and another Epi LP. She wasn’t able to do it. She said the body was too big. She wound up with an EPI ES 339. However, I might just have to get it if it is still at GC, where she returned it.

Mike Drop

Reaction score
My friend had one of those recently. I set it up. And, she returned it. I had offered a Gibson LP studio in trade for that and another Epi LP. She wasn’t able to do it. She said the body was too big. She wound up with an EPI ES 339. However, I might just have to get it if it is still at GC, where she returned it.
Go ahead, 3bolt! We'll wait.
Seriously, you set it up so you know the nuts and bolts. This is a worthwhile guitar to own.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Go ahead, 3bolt! We'll wait.
Seriously, you set it up so you know the nuts and bolts. This is a worthwhile guitar to own.

Yes it would be. The body feels like my ES 335. So it feels the same in that respect, but the sheraton’s neck is a little more substantial.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Wow! It took me four years to get to 12! But 4 of those in the last month.

I used to be a 1 guitar kind of guy lol. I am just spending my kids inheritance now. Not really I have also sold 7 guitars this year. I think the count is now 29.

I just had one arrive yesterday. I was going to get it set up, but I have surgery on Monday. I will dink with it when I get home from that.

The latest one is an Ibanez AZES 40. These are awesome.$299to$349.23BD4156-3A78-4C12-9508-07401D4B042B.jpeg

Latest posts