Possible fake Slash Rosso Corsa Epiphone Les Paul

james w grossnickle

Reaction score
I recently bought this guitar at a pawnshop. It has a indentation on the back of the headstock and a paper sticker with the serial number on it. It is a 2014. My luthier says he believes it real for many reasons....one being (see pic) the high quality Korean pots and Orange drop capacitors...... It has several blemishes (all cosmetic). I also included another guitar that I saw on line and it was a epiphone and had the same sticker serial..... What do the experts think.....just so you know I googled for hours and I can find no mention of real 2014 Epis having paper serial numbers....THANKS IN ADVANCE

I do not know how to post pics (yet...I just joined) but I did upload pics to an album
Right now they are under Random media

DigitalDreams

Reaction score
Sounds like a 2nd to me. Often time the back of the headstock will have a stamped indentation denoting "2nd" and they usually come with a stickered serial number as to void any warranty associated with the original serial.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
full

This is NOT a Fake, it is a MIRC refurbished

https://mircweb.com/

james w grossnickle

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the quick and helpful answer. Paruwi is the indentation a trademark (all have it) made by MIRC and they do it to all their guitars or did Epiphone have anything to do with the rebanding?

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Terrific guitar. If you plan to keep it for a long time, don't let sticker or USED stamp bother you. My Squier VM Telecaster Custom is a refurb and is also a terrific guitar.

Welcome to Epi-Talk

james w grossnickle

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info and help.....I plan on selling it and just wanted to make sure I list it correctly and don't want to cheat anyone. I have sold a lot of guitars and have a 100% positive feedback on ebay and I want to keep it that way.......Thanks again I am sure I will be back I have about 10 Epi's and a couple of them I will probably need info on ... Soooo I'll be back.....

BGood

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info and help.....I plan on selling it and just wanted to make sure I list it correctly and don't want to cheat anyone. I have sold a lot of guitars and have a 100% positive feedback on ebay and I want to keep it that way.......Thanks again I am sure I will be back I have about 10 Epi's and a couple of them I will probably need info on ... Soooo I'll be back.....
Shoot.

Latest posts