Pro-1 Acoustic Strings?

• Thread starter Craig Baenziger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Baenziger

Reaction score
Hey all,

have an Epiphone Pro-1 Acoustic (new one after they changed the bridge to a pinned bridge instead of the string though like advertised but whatevs I suppose ‍♂️). Anywho they come set up for their own 8/38 ultra light coated strings. But I can’t seem to find them anywhere at all except for some small shops across the ocean. Anybody know of a US retailer that carries these? Would be much appreciated :)

Craig Baenziger

Reaction score
Actually, scratch that. Just for giggles I measured the strings. Turns out they don’t have the bridge they’re supposed to anymore and the strings are different than advertised as well. They’re 9/48’s. No biggie on that front but woulda been odd getting strings they say come with it to find they’re different than the originals on arrival.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
i am unfamiliar with the Pto-1. However, for an acoustic guitar, .008 or .009 gauge strings are unusually thin. The standard acoustic light set is .012"-.056", and extra lights are .011"-.052", or very rarely, ultra lights at .010"-.048". Strings lighter than that usually don't impart enough energy to the top to give good volume and decent tone.

Biddlin

Reaction score
Epi ultra-light acoustic strings
md_942da7a2266c8c744c095071cadb40b7.jpg

Stock on Pro-1 acoustics

Latest posts