Q re: reversed volume control

Apostata

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not an experienced guitarist (insofar as when it comes to anything beyond the actual playing I'm still learning the ins and outs) but I had a question relating to something I saw on another thread, and I thought I'd post it here without diverting the conversation on the other one.

I came to discover that the bridge volume control on my Riviera P93 is reversed (zero is 10 and 10 is zero). I chalked this up to a mistake that might have been made during a repair (I got mine second-hand, so I have no clue). However, I'm wondering whether there is an intentional reason -- either to get a certain tone or something else -- why this was done.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help.

TheKat

Reaction score
The volume pots should have a logarithmic taper (eg 500k A), so it matters "which way around" a pot is wired. However, unless this is a pot with a reverse logarithmic taper, the way it works shouldn't be very satisfying.

Apostata

Reaction score
The volume pots should have a logarithmic taper (eg 500k A), so it matters "which way around" a pot is wired. However, unless this is a pot with a reverse logarithmic taper, the way it works shouldn't be very satisfying.

So...a mistake then?

TheKat

Reaction score
Yeah. No difference for 0 or 10, but a different way of getting louder in between.

Latest posts