Replacement bridge for LP Custom

• Thread starter Anton Evans
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Evans

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm "chroming" my 2020 LP Custom and need to get a chrome bridge. Any suggestions? The Faber seems to get a lot of love...

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
The Faber does get a lot of love. so does the Tone Pros. I bought the Tone Pros (because it is cheaper, and easier to find). It is an improvment on the factory stock Epiphone bridge, mostly in the note definition, and in the convenience of having the bridge and tailpiece stay put when I remove all of the strings. Is it better than the Faber? No idea, I've never had a Faber to do a comparison between it and the Tone Pros.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
The Faber does get a lot of love. so does the Tone Pros. I bought the Tone Pros (because it is cheaper, and easier to find). It is an improvment on the factory stock Epiphone bridge, mostly in the note definition, and in the convenience of having the bridge and tailpiece stay put when I remove all of the strings. Is it better than the Faber? No idea, I've never had a Faber to do a comparison between it and the Tone Pros.

My solution was installing a Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners and adding a Wilkinson roller bridge.

The tuning stability increased 95%, to the point that I don't need to install locking tuners and now my Epiphone LPC sustain and note definition is more articulate .
I can do two whole step bends and I don't have to reach for the headstock to tune .

image000008.jpg

Even my 1971 Flying V got the same apointments.

NorthTex

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm "chroming" my 2020 LP Custom and need to get a chrome bridge. Any suggestions? The Faber seems to get a lot of love...
Tone pros the only way to go. Locks to the posts, beefier for better sustain and more travel for intonation.

Anton Evans

Reaction score
There will be PIX!!. Tonepros just got back to me and the tailpieces are 6 weeks out!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I have a Faber locking bridge on my '56 Gold Top. Pricey but it did improve the guitar. Tone Pros also have a good rep. Less costly too. I'm thinking of trying one on my ES339.

Anton Evans

Reaction score
I have a Faber locking bridge on my '56 Gold Top. Pricey but it did improve the guitar. Tone Pros also have a good rep. Less costly too. I'm thinking of trying one on my ES339.
The Custom was already sounding great! Rang very clear. I hope the Tonepros retain that clarity

Raiyn

Reaction score
Ummm

I didn't even look at eBay yet.

Anton Evans

Reaction score
Ummm

I didn't even look at eBay yet.
Haha your better than I. Thx for this

Latest posts