Replacement switch for Les Paul modern.

• Thread starter Mike Hickey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hickey

Reaction score
My new Les Paul moderns switch went out tonight. It's only about 6 months old but I guess that's the chance you take with the Asian built guitars. Other than the bad switch it's been an awesome guitar so I'm not even that annoyed about it. Anyway, what's a good replacement and while I'm at it should I put the little Treble Rhythm ring on it?

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
That's totally up to you! ;) Personally, I wouldn't. I like the modern look on the Modern. 😉

As to the switch itself, when the switch on my Les Paul Standard broke, I took it to a guitar tech who replaced it with a Switchcraft switch which was great quality. 😎 It was a swift process too! ;)
I went back to see him for fret problems on this guitar and general maintenance and I never regretted it!

There is just one potential "problem" with that switch : it can be a bit of a tongue twister ! Try to say : " I want to swiftly get a Switchcraft switch which is great quality!"😅 :rofl:
If you can, then you definitely deserve a Switchcraft switch! :thumb:

Latest posts