Roller saddle TOM(14") doesn't match radius of Dot(12"). Les Trem help.

PorkRinds

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Les Trem for my Epiphone dot. I've heard that a TOM with roller saddles might be helpful in reducing friction but all the roller toms I've found online that fit Epiphones have a 14" radius and the Dot has a 12" radius. I suppose I could try to put the roller saddles from the new bridge onto my stock one but I'm not sure if everything will fit properly.

Anyone know of any TOM bridges with a 12" radius that'll fit my Dot? Any advice if I have to go for the 14" bridge?

BGood

Reaction score
Have you measured the actual radius of that Epiphone ? My LP Special 1 has 14". Even if it had 12", the difference is so minute that I don't think it'll influence anything.

Raiyn

Reaction score
First: Get a set of radius tools, and find out what you really have. Knowing is half the battle after all.

Second: Yes the roller bridge will help on the friction front.

Third: The inexpensive roller bridges on the market from Philadelphia Luthier etc. (which I've recommended and used for years) are indeed 14" which in my experience isn't that big of a deal.
Flat-side-of-what-big-2.jpg
Mine is drilled and tapped for grub screws for a locking setup.

Having used the above bridge for years without issue, I can still recommend it as a low-cost roller bridge option.

However, when I preordered my Contemporary Series Jaguar, I noted that they had finally changed the fingerboard radius to match the 12" bridge they were using. Since I intend to add a Bigsby to the mix I took a second to reevaluate what I wanted to put on in the roller bridge department. I decided to splurge a bit and get the TonePros TPFR-C Metric roller bridge.

To me it seemed a bit dumb to get all hyped up about Fender / Squier finally matching their offset neck to the Adjustomatic bridge and then slapping the "wrong" roller bridge on it. I decided to get the right one even if it is 4x the price. I even bought one for my G400 - though I'm waiting for my next string change to install it.

TL;DR A 14" radius bridge isn't perfect, but it's not the end of the world. If you have a few extra sheckles, I'd suggest getting the Tone Pros, but the Generic as sold by Philadelphia Luthier will get you close enough.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
I got a Wilkinson Roller Bridge from GFS and it worked out fine for my 2007 Epiphone LPC.

I had to order a special an adaptor kit for the roller bridge on my 1974 Gibson LPC and 1971 Gibson Medallion Series Flying V .

What kind of tremolo system are you mounting on your guitar ?

Latest posts