Shipping a G400?

• Thread starter wlewisiii
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wlewisiii

Reaction score
I have an Epiphone G400 I intend to list on Reverb. How do I ship it?

If I have the original box that the guitar came in, how tight should it be in there? Strings loosened?

Do I need to have a second box outside that one?

How is priority mail for sending a guitar?

Thanks!

BGood

Reaction score
Always double box with paking between boxes. Bubble pack is good. When I shipped my beloved Yellow Epi DC Special P90, I even wrapped the neck with a wood brace to stabilize the headstock, with some packing below the nut area. It was going across the continent and I didn't want that jewel to arrive headless to destination.

I don't remember what courier I used though.

Ramaglia375

Reaction score
Always double box with paking between boxes. Bubble pack is good. When I shipped my beloved Yellow Epi DC Special P90, I even wrapped the neck with a wood brace to stabilize the headstock, with some packing below the nut area. It was going across the continent and I didn't want that jewel to arrive headless to destination.

I don't remember what courier I used though.

+1
I just received a very nice Plus Top with the neck cracked at the headstock. I'm certain bubblewrap, etc (support underneath) would've help prevent it. The box was marked fragile and had no visual exterior damage so...it was either dropped or tossed.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Loosen strings
BUBBLE WRAP is CHEAP overuse of it is NOT a bad thing!
Insure it for more than your selling it for. (perhaps double)
If it is not in an HSC then double box yes.
USPS Priority has done well by me and i have shipped-----MANY
Inlcuding a couple G400's ;)

old mark

Reaction score
De tune the instrument, put bubble wrap on the bottom of the shipping box, and put the guitar on it. Then push enough bubble wrap down around the guitar to keep it from contacting the outside box. Put more bubble wrap around and over the top, they tightly tape the box, more than you think is needed. Buy insurance to cover the cost of the guitar and shipping. I usually use UPS...VERY occasionally the Post Office.
Several years ago, I sold and shipped a 1923 Gibson arch top in it's case to Paris, France...It made it in perfect condition.
Last summer, a used Epiphone PR5E I bought was delivered to my porch with a hole kicked right through the box and the guitar.
I took pics of the box and the guitar, then emailed the seller with several pics so he could go after the shipper for his insurance money...because they WILL deny and lie about it...The pics worked and they could not weasel out of it...(Fed Ex).
Prepare but over insure. AND I always ask the buyer to let me know when it arrives, just for my own peace.

It will be just fine most of the time. Really not much to do about the other times...

Latest posts