Sold my non (IBG)'s to keep my (IBG)'s

• Thread starter rodeo747
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mimmo

Reaction score
I hear you. IBG guitars are great instruments, had a J45 that I sent back just to prove that I am an idiot, I'd like to find another one and also put an ad against my squier jazzmaster j mascis, but none seems to be interested. I have a Gibson J45 original 50 but for whatever reason I miss that epi j45.

JY1978

Reaction score
I have had that dilemma as well (purchased 8 IBG’s over the last few years, 4 LP’s, 2 SG’s and 2 acoustics) but I can not really part ways with the Koreans from the late 90’s / early 00’s. They were all upgraded with CTS pots, better pickups (SD’s), bridges, toggle switch and output jacks (and not by myself). If I would sell them I would only expect some €200 per guitar, but in that case, I’d rather keep them. Plus, it is sometimes just nice to play the super slim necks once in a while!

Still considering new IBG’s, it is such a great line of guitars!!! But I am also very excited that Slash teased a Gibson LP Jessica version yesterday, I am probably going to save money for that one!

Charles Carter

Reaction score
I had to make a tough decision...I sold my non IBG hummingbird to my cousin so it's still in the family I can buy it back when I want...I sold my
L-00 Studio to a woman beginner...
It's only IBG's for me now on...
That makes perfect sense to me Rodeo747. I agree entirely.
I've accumulated enough players now and from here on am really just hoping to upgrade some of my lesser models for Masterbilt or IBG models as deals turn up.
They really are phenomenal guitars for the dosh spent!

rodeo747

Reaction score
I have had that dilemma as well (purchased 8 IBG’s over the last few years, 4 LP’s, 2 SG’s and 2 acoustics) but I can not really part ways with the Koreans from the late 90’s / early 00’s. They were all upgraded with CTS pots, better pickups (SD’s), bridges, toggle switch and output jacks (and not by myself). If I would sell them I would only expect some €200 per guitar, but in that case, I’d rather keep them. Plus, it is sometimes just nice to play the super slim necks once in a while!

Still considering new IBG’s, it is such a great line of guitars!!! But I am also very excited that Slash teased a Gibson LP Jessica version yesterday, I am probably going to save money for that one!
Recently I saw the J 45 Slash model acoustic...I would take one of those for sure...

Latest posts