Some of you know me, others not so much.

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
Welcome along Raiyn, you're right, it does seem to have gotten a bit 'fraught' over there! :shock:

I tend to let it all wash over me :) not worth the effort getting worked up IMHO...

I read both forums, and MLP as well - I'd say this one was the most chilled - maybe because people tend to spend less on their Epiphones than on some other makes? :D I know there's some old classics worth a lot out there, but epiphone to me means a great guitar at a great price.

Bob

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
so I'm just going to chill here for a while if that's OK.

Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

no need to limit your stay :naughty:

Many friendly and helpful members here - no BS and mostly cork-free area
grouphug5_Kopie.gif

Last edited:

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
Plenty of SG action too :D in fact this forum has a lot to answer for, they "helped" me get a great LP and got me in to P90's (Thanks Jean!)

There's a lot of GAS inspiration here too...

What am I saying? now I'M encouraging people to get more guitars :facepalm:

Last edited:

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
I'm tired of all the fighting and BS over there, so I'm just going to chill here for a while if that's OK.

Welcome to probably the most BS and cork sniffer free forum on the web (I know cause I'm a member of all the guitar based ones).

Just remember cork sniffers opinions are like A##eholes. "They've all got one and most of them stink"

Like Paruwi said no need to limit your stay, we're mostly house trained and don't bite much.

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
Full disclosure - have know Raiyn since I joined eSG, and hes become a friend in that time too.

Hope he doesn't take any permanent offense at the snipes he seems to get over there - we have a similar sense of humour and Outlook on life I believe and I can see myself coming in for some stick too at some stage! But I shall be letting it all wash over me :)

Nice to see you here buddy, and hope you do stick around :cheers:

We might even convice you that you need more Epi's! :D

Have I told you how great my LP Tribute + is.....? :rofl:

Bob

Raiyn

Reaction score
Welcome to Epi-talk. Now you have to show us pics of your guitars, it's in the by-laws. ;)
Sure thing. I'm on the Kindle at the moment, but I can transfer stuff from over there.
Finish-collage.jpg Flat-side-of-what-big-2.jpgHipshot-1.jpg Hipshot-2.jpg Headstock-collage.jpgHeadstock-collage.jpg
She's a highly customized '07 G400 Faded. I call her "The Lady"
Parts list: (Damn I wish these were sponsors....)

• Carvin S22J (neck) S22B (bridge)
    • Seymour Duncan Triple Shot rings
    • CTS 525k 5% tolerance pots (Art of Tone)
    • Switchcraft 90° switch (with amber tip because F' yeah)
    • Pure Tone jack
    • Mallory 150 (yellow) caps .022uf ±5%
    • MIJ Wave Embossed silver speed knobs
    • Hipshot open backed locking tuners
    • Graphtech Black Tusq XL nut installed by me and finished by @Dave J
    • Raiyn's secret mojo wire
    • Some 18ga solid silver plated buss wire used for pot grounding and cavity connections
    • D'addario XL110BT strings (Balanced Tension)
    • The controls were insulated with homemade silicone tape washers (just so happens I have a 3/8" 3 hole punch)
    • DiMarzio Clip Lock strap (Awesome strap)
    • One super sweet custom truss rod cover (Artsy!)
    • No name Roller bridge drilled and tapped for grub screws by my buddy @Dave J He also ground the shoulders off the anchors for some extra action adjustment.
    • GuitarFetish XGP curved brass "locking" tailpiece mounted to stock anchors
    • All cavities are shielded with conductive adhesive copper tape.
Hopefully that's good enough to get "jumped in".
:naughty:

There's a full build thread over at this link.

Attachments

• Finish-collage.jpg
    Finish-collage.jpg
    979.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
Welcome from wherever the "over there" lies! ^^
I find your TRC very interesting! I was thinking to do something similar,
but decided to keep the original look

Raiyn

Reaction score
Welcome from wherever the "over there" lies! ^^
I find your TRC very interesting! I was thinking to do something similar,
but decided to keep the original look
I found the TRC on eBay. I bought it around the time I started collecting parts to build her. I've kept the original but it'll never go back on her; it'll probably live in the parts drawer for some later project.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Welcome along Raiyn, you're right, it does seem to have gotten a bit 'fraught' over there! :shock:

I tend to let it all wash over me :) not worth the effort getting worked up IMHO...

I read both forums, and MLP as well - I'd say this one was the most chilled - maybe because people tend to spend less on their Epiphones than on some other makes? :D I know there's some old classics worth a lot out there, but epiphone to me means a great guitar at a great price.

Bob
I'm just tired of the Corksniffer attitudes and sniping by the old guard over there. I've put most of the culprits on ignore, but I still need to back away for a while.

MLP was my first guitar site. Got temporarily booted for calling out a sponsor for being a Corksniffer. Haven't really been back since.
Plenty of SG action too :D in fact this forum has a lot to answer for, they "helped" me get a great LP and got me in to P90's (Thanks Jean!)

There's a lot of GAS inspiration here too...

What am I saying? now I'M encouraging people to get more guitars :facepalm:
:applause:
Full disclosure - have know Raiyn since I joined eSG, and hes become a friend in that time too.

Hope he doesn't take any permanent offense at the snipes he seems to get over there - we have a similar sense of humour and Outlook on life I believe and I can see myself coming in for some stick too at some stage! But I shall be letting it all wash over me :)

Nice to see you here buddy, and hope you do stick around :cheers:

We might even convice you that you need more Epi's! :D

Have I told you how great my LP Tribute + is.....? :rofl:

Bob
:laugh2:
I was one of the first to greet you IIRC.

I can put up with a lot, but too much is too much. I need a break from their BS.

That doesn't mean I can't take some good-natured shots mind you. Be prepared, I can give as good as I get. :p.

Yeah, Bob you'll get yours as I suspect I will as well. It's always intended as friendly gibes amongst buddies.

I just might just pick up another Epi. That Nighthawk is still calling to me as is the LP Florentine.

Of course I'm likely to mod the hell out of them.
:rock:

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
It's more laid back over here for sure :)

And there's folks with examples of just about every Epi made! So the GAS potential is strong :shock:

I've noticed I'm being drawn towards explorers lately, especially after seeing that JB has been playing a prototype Epi '58 reissue :drool: and the new Johnny A outfit does look lovely - just not sure about a semi acoustic guitar...

Having said that, never played one, so guess I should at some stage?

And always on the look out for neglected examples of nice Epi's to bring back to life and see if they fit in with my half dozen keepers (can't fit more than 6 in cases in here) makes me consider every guitar carefully though - if I had more space I'd keep em all! :facepalm:

Currently looking for an SG Vintage G-400 seeing as they are nicer than the newer Faded / Worn models IMHO, but with 3 SG'S already it would be decision time which one went to make room... :hmm:

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
That doesn't mean I can't take some good-natured shots mind you. Be prepared, I can give as good as I get. :p.

Yeah, Bob you'll get yours as I suspect I will as well. It's always intended as friendly gibes amongst buddies.

Always enjoy some 'Banter' :) no need to make it personal IMHO, and if I step out of line, I expect to get toasted for it! :facepalm:

Like a said recently on a post over there, I tend to put it down to a poster having a bad day and move on - no one has gotten really personal yet, so we shall see:hmm:

Anyhoo, enough about that - hope you have a great time on the forum - but be warned, we're a bunch of 'enablers'... asking'should I buy X guitar?' is fatal for your wallet :shock: hehe...

BGood

Reaction score
Hey Raiyn, you found the front door !

And Scoote, once you find your real Vintage, it won't be hard to let go of the other ones.

BTW you guys into Strats ? If so, don't go to squier-talk. You think this site entices you to buy more guitars ? Jeez ... You know how a good Epiphone can get to rival a Gibson ? Well some $40 Chinese Squiers are real close to Mexican and American Strats !

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
...And Scoote, once you find your real Vintage, it won't be hard to let go of the other ones....

Hmmmm :hmm: only trouble is...

The 3 SG'S in question are:

'89 Epi G-310 - first one I bought after my loooong break from guitars
2015 Epi Tony Iommi SG Custom
And 2015 Gibson SG Special 100

:facepalm:

Not the easiest of choices....

Raiyn

Reaction score
It's more laid back over here for sure :)
It seems so to this point. Most of the agitators wouldn't be caught dead on an Epi site. Plus, Pete / @Paruwi seems to have this joint on point.
And there's folks with examples of just about every Epi made! So the GAS potential is strong :shock:
:thumbs:
I've noticed I'm being drawn towards explorers lately, especially after seeing that JB has been playing a prototype Epi '58 reissue :drool:
Before I bought The Lady, I'd been on the hunt for an Explorer. The issue I had was that, for me, they're unwieldy in a seated position. I'd totally have one as a "stage" guitar, but for seated lessons and practice my G400 is where it's at - again, for me.
lzzy15.jpg

I'd have that in a New York minute.

And always on the look out for neglected examples of nice Epi's to bring back to life and see if they fit in with my half dozen keepers (can't fit more than 6 in cases in here) makes me consider every guitar carefully though - if I had more space I'd keep em all! :facepalm:

Currently looking for an SG Vintage G-400 seeing as they are nicer than the newer Faded / Worn models IMHO, but with 3 SG'S already it would be decision time which one went to make room... :hmm:
Oof. It'd be the one I've bonded the least with.

Always enjoy some 'Banter' :) no need to make it personal IMHO, and if I step out of line, I expect to get toasted for it! :facepalm:
I view these sites like I would the neighborhood bar. You go in, have a few, talk ish with your buddies, and have a few good natured laughs. Unfortunately, following that analogy occasionally there's some jerk who needs to be cut off because they're being a pillock.
Like a said recently on a post over there, I tend to put it down to a poster having a bad day and move on - no one has gotten really personal yet, so we shall see:hmm:
Some folks have "bad days" way too often about the same things. It's as if their opinion is scripture or something.
I like what I like, and I'm not shy about sharing my opinions of gear I use.
Anyhoo, enough about that - hope you have a great time on the forum - but be warned, we're a bunch of 'enablers'... asking'should I buy X guitar?' is fatal for your wallet :shock: hehe...
Thankfully, I have a bicameral spending policy. Big things, like axes and amps get proposed to SWMBO who has inquiry and veto power.

Hey Raiyn, you found the front door !
Hey Doc! Yeah, Pete / @Paruwi invited me a while back. I figured after the last couple disasters I could use a much more chill locale to lay out my bedroll.
BTW you guys into Strats ? If so, don't go to squier-talk. You think this site entices you to buy more guitars ? Jeez ... You know how a good Epiphone can get to rival a Gibson ? Well some $40 Chinese Squiers are real close to Mexican and American Strats !
Strats? Nah man, Tele's and offsets.

I wanna build a Johnny Marr Jaguar for my next deep dive build.

Last edited:

NoBucks

Reaction score
Excellent! I like that notched style of control knob too, and use them on my LP's, but yours are the first I've seen in silver. Nice touch!

Latest posts