T+ issues

• Thread starter JT1031
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JT1031

Reaction score
Ok so I made a thread about this on that other site but I guess I wasn't really clear about wanting help and didn't get many responses. Anyway I have a T+ I bought a few months ago from Sweetwater. Plays great, sounds great, and looks sweet. Only problem is a few weeks ago I started having fret buzz on the frets closer to the nut. I took it to my repair guy and he said the neck needed to be adjusted because it moved a little. Well fast forward to yesterday I'm getting buzz in the same places again. I think I might take it back and have my repair guy adjust it again if that's what it needs. I'm just confused why it keeps doing this. My PTP has never had this issue. I'm thinking also maybe the frets need to be leveled? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm getting a little frustrated with these issues after making a four hour drive to Indiana to get this guitar. I keep it in the case when it's not be used if that matters. My other guitars are in cases in the same room too.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
You getting fret buzz on open strings up by the nut ?? Or when your chording or playing up there ? Neck relief will mostly affect that area of the neck..

JT1031

Reaction score
There's a slight buzz when they're open and it's more noticeable when I'm actually playing something. I also just remembered when restringing it the other day I left it sitting on my bed for about 15 minutes and the neck probably didn't have enough support and there was a string I hadn't put back on yet, could that have caused the neck to move a little?

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Neck moving ?? It a bolt on neck ? Don't think it is. The string nut might be notched pretty low and you might have very little neck relief is what I would guess.unless you got some extreme weather and the neck is flexing.

IGRocker

Reaction score
There's a slight buzz when they're open and it's more noticeable when I'm actually playing something. I also just remembered when restringing it the other day I left it sitting on my bed for about 15 minutes and the neck probably didn't have enough support and there was a string I hadn't put back on yet, could that have caused the neck to move a little?
I've left all of my guitars (on different occasions from each other) unstrung and on a stand for multiple days before. Never had any issues? Actually, when I change strings I leave them unstrung when I polish the frets, for however long that takes.

Like Goo said, maybe the nut is notched a tad low?

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Is your bridge set for real low action?? That could contribute some to the fret buzz.so if you combine a low cut string nut,very little neck relief and a low bridge ur gonna get some buzz.lead players usually set the actions a little lower than say a rythum set up.

JT1031

Reaction score
There bridge is pretty low because I like it that way. Even with the low action it wasn't this way before a few weeks ago and was fine after the neck was adjusted until yesterday. We've had some crazy weather changes lately so maybe that could have effected the neck?

Caddy

Reaction score
I would guess the truss rod needs to be adjusted, since if it was a problem with the nut it would have likely had the buzz before. How much relief does the neck have?

Seems I end up adjusting them twice a year here in the Midwest, spring and fall, when the weather changes a lot.

It is very hard to keep a guitar set up with very low action and still avoid some buzzing. Everything has to be set up and maintained nearly perfectly to accomplish that.

JT1031

Reaction score
In a weird turn of events I woke up today and picked it up and the buzz was almost minimal. I slightly raised the bridge on the bass side and now it's totally gone. I don't know what's going on, glad it's not buzzing right now but it's kinda weird how it was just gone basically.

Caddy

Reaction score
In a weird turn of events I woke up today and picked it up and the buzz was almost minimal. I slightly raised the bridge on the bass side and now it's totally gone. I don't know what's going on, glad it's not buzzing right now but it's kinda weird how it was just gone basically.

Keywords...weather and humidity!

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
yep that will do it.especially if you run ur geetars right on the verge of buzzing .

RTH

Reaction score
Yep. Sounds like a humidity issue. Its that time of year in the Midwest and we just have to suffer through it for the most part. I like my action super low and I can easily tell when the weather affects my guitars. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the low action to get rid of the buzzing.

eS.G.

Reaction score
We have (and usually have this time of year) drastic weather spikes lows in the 40's dry---then 24 hours later 89 degrees and 99% humidity.....havoc on the necks sheer havoc.
Not all but some.....The H.B. Gold Top was fine 2 days ago----last night we had to kick on the A/c and today its buzzing in places it never did.....the Agile sitting right next to it same room ....zero effect all is well....go figure...

Latest posts