What does your guitar strap say about you?

• Thread starter Sirdoh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
Keith Richards said in an interview that when he first saw the Beatles playing he asked why they're being cheap on the straps, as if they pay by the length. I laugh now when I see pictures or videos of John with his guitar chest high.

I have a Mexican blanket style strap, I don't use it often. Only with the SG to avoid neck dive.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It would say I'm a boring guy with a bad back.

I use Levy's strap exclusively. They're all black. I use 3" cotton straps on most of my guitars and 4" neoprene straps on my basses and a couple of heavier guitars. Each one has it's own strap so I have small fortune invested in straps. Levy's should send me a Christmas Card every year.

Mike Hickey

Reaction score
It says I'm a creature of habit. Years ago I got into the skinny retro looking straps with the movable shoulder pad because I could slide it around to shift the weight without changing how my guitar hung. With my old straps I'd shift the weight and my guitar hung to low or high and id have to hurry and slide it back and couldn't give my shoulder a break. With the sliding shoulder pad your guitar is always in the same position. I always thought the skinny straps were just for a retro vibe.

Timflyte

Reaction score
Mine says he's to cheap to buy a new one !!!
I have guitar straps from the early '70s., '80s , etc.
They never give out.
The only time I've gotten a new one this century is if there's one that comes with a used guitar

Bruce Weldy

Reaction score
Well, I guess my strap says I'm boring. The black one on that LP in my picture is the one that came with it when I bought it brand new over 50 years ago. I still use black straps on all of my guitars.

Ira Rubinson

Reaction score
Mine says I wished I was Hank Williams or Ernest Tubb or any of those other country guys that had their names embossed on their straps.

Attachments

• Strap.jpg
    Strap.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6

rogerV

Reaction score
I sometimes feel like I am being unfaithful because I have a Fender strap on my Epi es339.
I have PRS strap on my 'tele.
I do have the nice, brown Epiphone strap that Charles Carter posted above on my Epi '59 Les Paul and a brown leather Taylor strap on my Taylor. PRS brown suede on my PRS P20 parlor and a black Dunlop leather on my Epi J-200 parlor.

I have always found guitars to be works of art and the strap is a part of the aesthetic.
I am really only a rudimentary player and I primarily play seated. But I always use a strap.
It is fun finding the right one for each instrument.

SoCaliJ

Reaction score
What do my guitar straps say about me? That I'm pretty much a boring dude that prefers a leather strap, and that I only buy when on sale.

I own 5 Perry's value leather straps in various non-popular colors: $5 each.

I also own two Italia Leather Straps; paid under $100 for the pair, taxed and shipped.

Yes, boring...and that's the way I like it.

SCJ

Last edited:

Tony

Reaction score
I buy straps with a couple of things in mind. One is comfort and that's determined by the guitar it's one. I have several and their weights vary. Second I prefer 3 inch straps and buy or order to enhance the look and color the the guitar some are custom ordered and I don't buy seatbelt straps all cloth or leather.

Latest posts