What say you?

• Thread starter jamdogg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
i would say that the descrption is accurate.

My own notes:
-Fingerboard looks a little chewed up, unless that is dirt instead of divots/missing chunks of wood.
-I don't really understand why somebody would pull out the stud anchors for the bridge and tailpiece, unless they were thinking of refinishing the guitar. Maybe that is what was supposed to happen, and then they gave up on the project and decided to sell the disassembled guitar.
-the headstock facing looks a little rough as well.

Might be a good project for somebody who knows how to put this back together again. Keep in mind, while all of the pieces are there, it doesn't mean they are 100% fine. The pickups could be bad (open/shorted) the pots could be bad or really dirty, etc. On the other hand, if somebody wanted a Les Paul to mod, at least the disassembly part is done, and you could easily put in a bridge/tailpiece of your choice, whatever pots you wanted, or pickups, etc.

I will also note that the pictures of the body are a little incomplete, without any pictures of the neck joint, or back of the headstock, or overall shot of the back.

BGood

Reaction score
The Duncan pickups are probably worth more than asking price. Might need new tuners and pots, but the rest seem plenty usable.

That headstock tells me it's either an early 1989 or a Japanese. The former more likely. It is obviously a refinish and it could have that worn vintage mojo feel/look if one feels what it could be.

If it was nearby, I'd get it no hesitation.

jamdogg if you live nearby and don't want to do it, I might ask if you could get it for me and ship it to VT.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
What is so bad that you guys see on that guitar ?
I'd actually be interested if I were stateside - but only if the truss rod isn't damaged. Something that old, that beat up and ended up partially neglected probably needs new frets anyway. The time cost of doing a full refret would give me a little bit of pause. But if everything else is in good shape, it'd make for a good refinishing platform.

Darkness

Reaction score
I'm with @BGood on this. Nothing a bit of cleanup and sand paper wouldn't make right. I'd probably throw in new wiring and pots but at least those are pretty cheap.

Fret board doesn't look bad, looks like its just got some dirty crud on it. If it were nearby I'd have two builds on my hands.

jamdogg

Reaction score
So far I have been unable to reach or get a response from the seller. Trying to get more pics/details. May be a troll post.🤷‍♂️

Latest posts