What's Wrong With Me? Future NGD

StringmanK

Reaction score
I've been thinking about a couple guitars I don't play and how it would be nice to thin the herd. (I have 3 guitars that are just taking up space right now.) My guitar thoughts usually also have an overlying story I tell myself: "I don't like strats." This comes from experience owning them. I'm just not a "strat guy." So what did I do? I bought a Peavey Predator on eBay of course! It's a USA made guitar from the 90s--a strat copy. It has 3 single coils and a 5 way switch like a strat. The price was good, so I bid and won--kinda hoping I'd get outbid. My justification was to fix up and sell. I can probably make $100 bucks or so, which really means after buying pots, a switch, new pickups, and spending 10 hours of my time leveling and polishing the frets, soldering, cleaning, etc. I'll spend double the "profit" and sell the guitar for a slight loss after playing around with it for a year or two. Sound familiar? Anyway...

Anyone here ever own a Predator? Thoughts? Should I be excited? I'll post some pics when it gets here in a week or two.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I've been thinking about a couple guitars I don't play and how it would be nice to thin the herd. (I have 3 guitars that are just taking up space right now.) My guitar thoughts usually also have an overlying story I tell myself: "I don't like strats." This comes from experience owning them. I'm just not a "strat guy." So what did I do? I bought a Peavey Predator on eBay of course! It's a USA made guitar from the 90s--a strat copy. It has 3 single coils and a 5 way switch like a strat. The price was good, so I bid and won--kinda hoping I'd get outbid. My justification was to fix up and sell. I can probably make $100 bucks or so, which really means after buying pots, a switch, new pickups, and spending 10 hours of my time leveling and polishing the frets, soldering, cleaning, etc. I'll spend double the "profit" and sell the guitar for a slight loss after playing around with it for a year or two. Sound familiar? Anyway...

Anyone here ever own a Predator? Thoughts? Should I be excited? I'll post some pics when it gets here in a week or two.
USA model? The pots are probably fine, a bit of Deoxit in there and they oughta work like new.

I've got a buddy looking for one. Though he's been rubbing my nose in some of his new purchases lately...:hmm:

StringmanK

Reaction score
USA model? The pots are probably fine, a bit of Deoxit in there and they oughta work like new.

I've got a buddy looking for one. Though he's been rubbing my nose in some of his new purchases lately...:hmm:

You know, since I bought the Peavey (still waiting for it) I have done a bit of googling and youtubing and found that there are quite a few older USA models that are considered pretty desirable and still can be had rather cheap. Scott Grove on you tube has an hour long plus video about old peaveys. You could get one of those and rub your buddy's nose in it. :naughty: I almost bought a Peavey Fury Bass (a USA Model) over the weekend, but came to my senses. There are a few on ebay right now for under $200. They are supposedly really nice P-Bass copies.

mkgearhead

Reaction score
They're decent guitars. The neck and body are the only American parts on them. The tuners and electronics are on par with Squiers of the same era. The necks are really nice and the bodies are poplar. I bought one at a pawn shop and sold it after robbing the EMG's that were in it and giving it the Gilmour treatment.

IMG_1425.JPG

wildeman

Reaction score
I had a Accelerator Axe that was a really nice guitar, i couldn't get on with the neck shape so i moved it on but it was a badass guitar.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I always hear good reviews on Peavy. I own a Peavy Minx 115 bass amp that sounds incredibly good. Now all I need is a bass guitar!

;>)/

Latest posts