Where’s Lancpudin?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
Thanks Rob. No matter how many times I've made this drive it's still a challenge and the older I get the bigger the challenge. At least I'm traveling roads I've driven many times before.
I’ve cut back on the length of trips we undertake in the car these last couple of years and I think it’s a natural part of ageing Paul. You do well if you still manage.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Thanks Rob. No matter how many times I've made this drive it's still a challenge and the older I get the bigger the challenge. At least I'm traveling roads I've driven many times before.

Yes safe journey Paul, I couldn't do that sort of journey, thirty minutes driving for me these days & I'm done. That wouldn't get you to the nearest 7-11 in your countries, lol.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Yes safe journey Paul, I couldn't do that sort of journey, thirty minutes driving for me these days & I'm done. That wouldn't get you to the nearest 7-11 in your countries, lol.
Thanks Ian. Yeah, 30 minutes won't get you far around here. It's just over 1000 miles and estimated at 14:30 travel time. I normally have to pull over for a few hours rest along the way and may have to stop more than once this time so I'm planning on more like 16-18 hours.

Probably leave on Monday night and hit Milwaukee Tuesday afternoon in time to check into a motel and after a brief visit with Dad get a really good nights sleep. I'll spend a couple more days there then head north to Green Bay for the a week to 10 days. It's gonna tire me out.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I’ve cut back on the length of trips we undertake in the car these last couple of years and I think it’s a natural part of ageing Paul. You do well if you still manage.
Neither my vision or my stamina are what they once were but as I've said it's a route I've drive so often I pretty much know what to expect and where my stops will come. I may need more rest time along the way this time though. 1000 miles in one chunk ain't easy now.

Latest posts