Which guitar of mine would you sell to a friend, if any?

• Thread starter aarono2690
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aarono2690

Reaction score
My friend is curious if I'm willing to sell one of my guitars to replace his raggedy ESP. I play guitar as a hobby and have no illusions that I'll play it professionally - my main focus is on drums with some focus on piano to learn music theory/song writing. Over the year I found some pretty solid deals on guitars and had the cash so I said, "why not?"

That said he'd be willing to pay whatever I paid for the guitar since they're all in mint condition and have been setup.

That said I have the following guitars:

Fender Aerodyne MIJ SSS Strat
Fender Aerodyne MIJ Telecaster
Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard
Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM

My friend knows I'm a bit of a Japan fanatic so he's mostly interested in the Yamaha Pacifica since the Fenders are MIJ.

So if you were in my shoes and assuming I equally liked all the guitars which would you lean towards selling to a good friend?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM

My friend knows I'm a bit of a Japan fanatic so he's mostly interested in the Yamaha Pacifica since the Fenders are MIJ.

Keep the MiJ Fenders and the €pi - sell the Yamaha

Maguchi

Reaction score
My friend is curious if I'm willing to sell one of my guitars to replace his raggedy ESP. I play guitar as a hobby and have no illusions that I'll play it professionally - my main focus is on drums with some focus on piano to learn music theory/song writing. Over the year I found some pretty solid deals on guitars and had the cash so I said, "why not?"

That said he'd be willing to pay whatever I paid for the guitar since they're all in mint condition and have been setup.

That said I have the following guitars:

Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM

So if you were in my shoes and assuming I equally liked all the guitars which would you lean towards selling to a good friend?
Well since you say you have no preference and your friend is mostly interested in the Pacifica and he is a good friend, sell him the Pacifica.

Last edited:

Darkness

Reaction score
If you like Japanese then the Fenders are keepers.

Between the 59 and the Yamaha, if he likes the Yamaha then maybe part with it. I'm not sure which pickups your Yamaha has, but if you already have a Strat then it may be something of a covered base. Neither Fender is like a 59.

aarono2690

Reaction score
If you like Japanese then the Fenders are keepers.

Between the 59 and the Yamaha, if he likes the Yamaha then maybe part with it. I'm not sure which pickups your Yamaha has, but if you already have a Strat then it may be something of a covered base. Neither Fender is like a 59.
Seymour Duncan SP90 and Seymour Duncan TB-14

Darkness

Reaction score
Haha, maybe my heart was looking for this answer all along. The sell nothing answer :)
giphy.gif

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Seymour Duncan SP90 and Seymour Duncan TB-14
Now to me this is a more special guitar than say a SSS MIJ Aerodyne Strat which IMHO is easily replaceable but then it's more likely it's because I play my Strat and S-type G&L Comanche least. So my evaluation is more prejudicial because of that. I'm more of a Tele guy.

But in the end you have to go with what you prefer not what we tell you to prefer. If you don't love the Yamaha as much or can easily replace it if you want to then go with that. We really can't do more than share what we might do which is all I did here. It's your decision brother.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I just sold one today. It was a Gibson. I would definitely keep the 59 if it's the only one you have.

Latest posts