Wilshire Pronunciation

• Thread starter Eagle 56
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle 56

Reaction score
Hey All, I haven’t been on here in a while, but yesterday I stumbled upon a new Cherry Wilshire P-90 while checking out a new (to me) music store. I was very impressed so I bought it. Here’s my question: is Wilshire pronounced Wil-shire (like in England), or Wil-shur (like the boulevard in Los Angeles)? I know it doesn’t really matter but I’m just curious. Thanks 👍🏻

Darkness

Reaction score
I call the street in LA wil-shire if that makes things worse.

I've been thinking all day why do people say "ki-yo-tee" instead of co-yo-teh.

Eagle 56

Reaction score
I call the street in LA wil-shire if that makes things worse.

I've been thinking all day why do people say "ki-yo-tee" instead of co-yo-teh.
I suppose you’re right - many years ago I lived out there and come to think about it I have heard it both ways. I suppose it’s going to play & sound the same whichever way I pronounce it! 😉

syco

Reaction score
Hey All, I haven’t been on here in a while, but yesterday I stumbled upon a new Cherry Wilshire P-90 while checking out a new (to me) music store. I was very impressed so I bought it. Here’s my question: is Wilshire pronounced Wil-shire (like in England), or Wil-shur (like the boulevard in Los Angeles)? I know it doesn’t really matter but I’m just curious. Thanks 👍🏻
Oklahoma pronunciation = Wul - shur

Eagle 56

Reaction score
This guy, on the OfficialEpiphone channel, says Wil-shur

This guy, also on the OfficialEpiphone channel, says Wil-shy-ur

Maybe just call it Willie. On second thought, people will ask you to post pictures of your 😮

Thanks Davis, I thought of that too 😂. I told my wife & she thought it would be funny to say “I’m going to go play with Willie for a while”! 😅🎸

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score
It's WilTshire in England, with a t in the middle. And in Wiltshire they pronounce it Wilt-shur, not Wilt-shire. Same as in neighboring Hampshire (pronounced Hamp-shur, often with a silent h) where I grew up.

Latest posts