1998 Epiphone SG G-400

• Thread starter SylenCommando
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SylenCommando

Reaction score
Just the angle of the neck to body had me worried. I noticed when I was playing it the other night. So the hardware on mine then must be chrome then since it was made in 1998. Thanks for the info on how to tell chrome vs nickel. I figured it was chrome.

SylenCommando

Reaction score
I think I might be selling this SG tomorrow. I really didn't like the way it played, I mean it sounded good, but not really into the body style since I have been using super strat guitars the past 28 years, and I really don't want to sink another $200 into upgrades for it.

BGood

Reaction score
SGs are in a category of their own. They don't compare to much else. Usually, people are surprised at how easy playing they are. But they can't please everyone.
You'll be able to say you tried. Too bad.
So, good luck with the sale. You'll make someone happy with this Korean.

SylenCommando

Reaction score
Yep, I am selling it tomorrow for $350 with case. I really liked this forum, can I still post and reply even if I don't own a epiphone guitar?

IGRocker

Reaction score
Yep, I am selling it tomorrow for $350 with case. I really liked this forum, can I still post and reply even if I don't own a epiphone guitar?
Nope, not allowed. Absolutely illegal.

Seriously though, stick around. We don't bite too hard! Just don't steal/touch/look at eS.G.'s crayons. Bad juju man, baaaddd juju! :rofl:

SylenCommando

Reaction score
This is a good forum, most forums nobody answers your questions. I was on the Kramer forums for years and asked questions and people would not respond, I mean there would be like 200 views on the thread and no comments or answers.

BGood

Reaction score
Well ... if you stay with us, you will surely reGAS for an Epiphone of some sort.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
You can only hang out here if you buy one of these:

S300pp.jpg

:)

old mark

Reaction score

It's not like they send people to your house to check...mostly, anyway...

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Maybe OP needs to buy something like a Blueshawk! 25.5" scale, lotsa crazy pickup combos.

RTH

Reaction score
There are lots of other styles of Epiphone guitars out there that you might like. Dont give up on Epi just because you didnt get along with an SG. I've heard that they are an acquired taste anyway.

SylenCommando

Reaction score
Ya, I am not a fan of the SG or Les Paul guitars. It has to be a shedding machine. I have seen the vintage Epiphones with Floyd rose trems and locking nuts, those I could do.

Reactions: RTH

RTH

Reaction score
Ya, I am not a fan of the SG or Les Paul guitars. It has to be a shedding machine. I have seen the vintage Epiphones with Floyd rose trems and locking nuts, those I could do.
My man! I'm not a Les Paul fan either, though I like SGs because my very first electric guitar was a 1983 Gibson SG Special with a factory installed Kahler tremolo and locknut. Also, I have a 1986 Epiphone S-500 Superstrat style guitar with a Floyd Rose. It is my favorite guitar by a longshot. And I never pass up a chance to post a pic of it! :D

full

IGRocker

Reaction score
My man! I'm not a Les Paul fan either, though I like SGs because my very first electric guitar was a 1983 Gibson SG Special with a factory installed Kahler tremolo and locknut. Also, I have a 1986 Epiphone S-500 Superstrat style guitar with a Floyd Rose. It is my favorite guitar by a longshot. And I never pass up a chance to post a pic of it! :D

full
This guy can go too :lol:

RTH

Reaction score
This guy can go too :lol:
Good luck with that. :rofl:

I've only ever owned one LP, and it was a crappy Junior (crappy because it was beat up). I robbed it of the fairly aged Gibson Deluxe tuners it had on it, parted it out and sold the pieces. Well, most of the pieces. I still have the pickguard and the wraparound bridge. Anyone looking for an LP Jr. pickguard and bridge? Cheap!!!

IGRocker

Reaction score
Good luck with that. :rofl:

I've only ever owned one LP, and it was a crappy Junior (crappy because it was beat up). I robbed it of the fairly aged Gibson Deluxe tuners it had on it, parted it out and sold the pieces. Well, most of the pieces. I still have the pickguard and the wraparound bridge. Anyone looking for an LP Jr. pickguard and bridge? Cheap!!!
Is it adjustable?

Latest posts