1998 Zephyr Regent Black

ted keane

Reaction score
Hi all.I'm looking at buying a 1998 Epi Zephyr Regent for around $600.What do you think?I love the florentine cutaway.I'm not familiar with these
gfzmbbcmtkkm4rtzkg5o.jpg
,so any info would be great.Thanks,Ted

ted keane

Reaction score
Thanks Paruwi,I was hoping you'd come through with the info.I bought it,so we'll see when I get it.I'll keep you informed.Maybe the serial # will help.Thanks,Ted

ted keane

Reaction score
Here's the listing that I bought it from.
Epiphone Zephyr Regent 1998 Black Gloss
Sold!

zzmslmg7llpka6evenmp.jpg

pitmiksvhmgnf8fnizr4.jpg

gfzmbbcmtkkm4rtzkg5o.jpg

zzmslmg7llpka6evenmp.jpg

gfzmbbcmtkkm4rtzkg5o.jpg

ix9vtagzxcaaiompgr7c.jpg

lh89p8zr3pkkcd1tycif.jpg

pitmiksvhmgnf8fnizr4.jpg

1998 Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Full body arch top with Florentine cutaway

High Gloss Black

C shaped neck

Gibson type alnico humbucker pickup

Tune-o-matic bridge

Polished frets with rounded edges

Gold hardware

Upgraded with Grover 16:1 gold tuners

Excellent condition (has small repaired chip buy low E tuner which has been touched up andis not noticeable.

Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent (Used)
Brand:
Epiphone
Model:
Zephyr Regent
Finish:
Black Gloss
Categories:
Archtop
Year:

blackspider57

Reaction score
I owned one. Nice little jazz box. I tried to play rock, but it will feedback due to the hollow body. But it was still fun. What kind of music do you want it for?

Parabar

Reaction score
The Zephyr Regent is modelled after the 1949 single pickup Gibson ES-175, but the 175's were constructed of all laminated maple, while the Zephyr Regent is laminated mahogany. The gold hardware makes it also reminiscent of the Gibson ES-165 Herb Ellis model, which is also laminated maple in construction. Both of the Gibson models have split parallelogram inlays in contrast to the dots on the Zephyr Regent, but functionally they are very similar. The Epiphone's mahogany construction yields a warmer tone with less definition and projection than the maple of the Gibson (or the Epiphone ES-175).

Latest posts