2014 EPIPHONE 1960 LES PAUL TRIBUTE PLUS WITH UPGRADES

• Thread starter gillman royce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gillman royce

Reaction score
2014 EPIPHONE 1960 LES PAUL TRIBUTE PLUS WITH UPGRADES
Made in the same Qingdao, China factory where the Inspired by Gibson line is now made.
The Neck: Mahogany; 1960's SlimTaper™ D profile. Vintage LONG TENON, Deep Set, glued-in Neck Joint. Originally used by Gibson, long tenon is a deeper tenon which reaches below the pickup allowing for better transmission of vibrations and more sustain. Nut Width: 1-11/16"(1.68) Rosewood 12" radius fretboard with pearloid trapezoid inlays, one-ply cream binding with 22 medium jumbo frets. Grover locking Rotomatic 106 series 18:1 Machine Head Tuners. The original ‘60's tuner buttons have been replaced with a set of Kluson-style ‘59's. The ‘60's are in the case and are easily interchangeable.

THE PICKUPS: I replaced the original Gibson potted A2 ‘57 Classic and ‘57 Classic Plus pick ups with Larry Corsa UNPOTTED A5 Green Manalishi humbuckers which feature mismatched coils and weakened A5 magnets “ I start with A5 magnets, but then weaken them a bit according to my specific formula. They are NON-POTTED P.A.F. just as the original P.A.F’s were. The neck pickup magnet polarity is reversed by default. ” Larry Corsa. As stated on his site, the Green Manalishi pickup set is “Guaranteed to provide the truest and most accurate Peter Green out of phase tone available in a humbucking pickup.” Neck: 7.71 Bridge: 8.08 Listen to the videos provided.

THE BODY: Mahogany; nickel hardware; Bridge: Locktone Tune -o- matic / Stopbar Bridge. A matching cream colored pick guard has been added as well as a 2nd one in blue, mirrored, which is in the case(see pix).

THE TOP: Carved Hard Maple with bookmatched AAA Flame Maple veneer. Like a Gibson, a 3/8" piece of solid maple is carved into a solid maple shell and then laminated to the solid mahogany body, giving the instrument a brighter and clearer tone. 8.4 lbs 24.75" scale Poly gloss finish

THE ELECTRONICS: USA Switchcraft™ Jack and 3-way toggle, Mallory-150 tone capacitors, CTS pots, Neck and Bridge Pickup Volume . Using 4-conductor pickup wiring, Two push/pull tone pots to allow for series/parallel pickup switching in both pickups - the coil tapped pickups effectively allow you to turn each humbucker into a single coil pickup .
With the exception of one small ding bottom front bout(see pix), the guitar is mint. Mint original hard shell case WITH KEY is included. FREE INSURED SHIPPING TO CONUS. $850 Paypal. FOR PIX or Any questions please contact me at msgdp@yahoo.com

gillman royce

Reaction score
Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
Are you outside the US?
🤔
FREE INSURED SHIPPING TO CONUS. $850 Paypal.
Call it a hunch, if you must, but nobody offers that without being in the CONUS. Customs + overseas insured shipping (because you'd have to declare replacement value to get protection) would make this *cough* unprofitable were he not in the CONUS.

3bolt79

Reaction score
🤔

Call it a hunch, if you must, but nobody offers that without being in the CONUS. Customs + overseas insured shipping (because you'd have to declare replacement value to get protection) would make this *cough* unprofitable were he not in the CONUS.
I had to ask, based on the price.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I had to ask, based on the price.
Unless I missed my guess, he's trying to get what he has into it back. The pickups are currently $300 plus all the other aftermarket stuff, the base price of the guitar and possibly recouping some labor.

I don't agree or disagree with this plan, I just know that when I mod a guitar I don't plan on getting my money back. Then again, I don't sell guitars I've modified for myself.

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Speaking for myself, this isn't how In would have built it, so I obviously won't be buying it.

Someone else might want exactly this guitar and be willing to pay retail for everything on it as though they bought it themselves - just without the labor.

There's a phrase I kept hearing during Barrett-Jackson car auctions. "You couldn't build / restore it for the price" or some similar variation. Meaning that the sale.price was much lower than the cost to customize / restore the vehicle.

I can't fault them from trying.

Guitarman

Reaction score
I
CORRECT! Still having issues loading pics of mine as I'm told that they're too big. Odd, as I don't have that problem with TGP. Please email me at msgdp@yahoo.com if you'd like me to email you pictures. THX!

I have your solution, after searching and my 16 year old computer genius:​

FOR WINDOWS 10​

1. Choose your specific file/picture, GUITAR, and right click and choose "Edit" which takes you to "Paint"​

2. Upper left "FILE" AREA, second section choose "RESIZE"​

3. Next Screen has Resize and Skew screen​

4. Select "Pixels" of the two circles available​

5. Choose Horizontal and enter 720 pixels. Vertical will auto-populate with 960 pixels, or so.​

6. "SAVE AS" WHAT EVER YOU NAME YOU PICTURE AS I DO AND ADD "RESIZE" TO THE NAME OR FILE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN YOUR ORIGINAL AND THIS LOADABLE ONE NEXT TIME!!!​

7. YOU ARE DONE.​

8. WHEN CHOOSING THE FILE TO LOAD, CHOOSE THE ONE WITH "RESIZE" ADDED, "ATTACH FILES" ON THIS SCREEN AND YOUR GOOD TO GO.​

Yea, TGP and other sites will load any file, usually .jpg, but this site is the only one I initially had trouble with.​

9. If you have trouble, call me at 843.610.3245 and I'll walk you through it!!! Mike Terrell aka GUITARMAN​

Always willing to help a fellow Guitarman, especially an Epiphone one!!!!​

Last edited:

Latest posts