40s Zephyr parts

Larsen

Reaction score
Hey, I'm gonna try and sell this badboy to finance a new amp, but would like to know if the epiphone forum members would like to discuss this model, perhaps give some info I can put in the ad.

For instance, I rarely see the same knobs on these... Was it just willienillie "something from the drawer" , or maybe some custom options, back in the day? Also, the bridge position pickup seems somewhat rare?

Neck binding has been restored by previous owner, and the neck has very nice low action and intonation. Looks like original case, could up the price maybe... Serial is; 25138 (Epiphone Zephyr).

Picture gallery on imgur.com: https://imgur.com/a/VCVBE8t

One of the closest ones I've found is this one that sold some years ago: http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/11704/sold-1940-epiphone-zephyr-jazz-archtop-guitar

But what's with that back panel... Mine doesn't have that. Is mine some kind of prototype? Wishful thinking. And that serial number isn't exactly "1" haha. Again, the knobs being different but looks original. Not sure about the tailpiece, it's different but also might be non-original.

vomer

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for posting that. Sorry, I know nothing about them though.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I hope someone can chime in! I knowledge of vintage Epi’s is slim. I assume any parts you need will take some looking, as I doubt they are reproduced

Larsen

Reaction score
Figured I try a little bump on this thread. Maybe more luck on info this time :)

wildeman

Reaction score
That baby looks all original to me and i would list it as such. If somebody wanted to prove me wrong, I'd hear them out but I'd need conclusive proof. It all looks too legit.
I have seen many different knobs on guitars from that era, usually just sourced from radio parts suppliers. Electric guitars were new so they probably just ordered as needed. I think yours has the original knobs and the chicken heads on the other one are replacements.

Latest posts