4K TV Content?

• Thread starter Supersonic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    4k tvs
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
As long as I can transfer my Rocksmith game and DLC over and not have to repurchase everything I think it'll be a straight up swap.

Should be able to. The One X is backward compatible for their old stuff and brings it up to higher resolution. I'd like one, but spending a random $400 at this time of year ain't happening.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I'd like one, but spending a random $400 at this time of year ain't happening.
At least not on oneself.....
bad-santa-gif1.gif

a key reason I haven't broke down and bought one myself.

I'm tossing a metric crapload of cash at SWMBO in particular.

John

Reaction score
We are looking at one, and I’ve noticed DirectTV is running ads about 4K content, but I’m not sure what all that gets you except a higher fee.
You pretty much nailed it right there Otto.

Digger

Reaction score
We don’t have any other devices plugged into ours and we don’t play games at all so we do use the smart stuff for internet connection though have to use a Chromecast to interface to our Apple devices for casting.

Stuart

Reaction score
I research the ever-loving crap out of any "large"purchase, and I'm quite happy I went with the Samsung. Hard to believe it's been 4 years.
We had two Samsung’s in a row, & ditched both for what is now a well documented pixelating problem... Our current Sony is working well enough, but outta curiosity I had a look at some 4K screens at one of our bigger retailers today... Very impressive picture quality, but those bad boys were really pumping out some heat... Mrs Eggs would never accept that in our (her) passive solar designed home.

Stuart

Reaction score
I'm tossing a metric crapload of cash at SWMBO in particular.
Mrs Eggs wants to know what you’re getting your good woman... but I’m reserving my right to point blank lie to her about your answer Sir :ohno:

Juke Box

Reaction score
My house no longer has any tv/cable tv what so ever. The quality of programming became so bad I dropped it. What was being shown was obviously mind control and fake news. At the end I had not found even one show to watch for a solid month yet I paid $84. IMO Hollywood is over and done with. At the time I cancelled cable I did not have a single show I watched anymore.

Stuart

Reaction score
... we do use the smart stuff for internet connection though have to use a Chromecast to interface to our Apple devices for casting.
What language are you talking???

Raiyn

Reaction score
Mrs Eggs wants to know what you’re getting your good woman... but I’m reserving my right to point blank lie to her about your answer Sir :ohno:
Let's see, a gift certificate to Long Tall Sally (her favorite clothing store), some funny / cute t-shirts, some more *cough* entertaining *cough* stuff to wear about the house, a new band for her FitBit, a set of Hella Sharptone horns and the kit to install them, and since the plastic under car splash guard is missing from Bloo I decided to upgrade it to a aluminum skid plate.
rallitek-front-skid-plate-impreza-na-2008-2011-legacy-outback-na-2005-2009.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking, car parts for a woman? Have ye gone mad laddie? To which I say thee nay! Said skid plate was on the agenda shortly after purchasing Bloo! Given the fact that the Subaru has notably more not-quite-a-proper-road capability than our previous vehicle and the temptation to utilize it is quite strong I figured replacing the missing plastic with something a bit more substantial would be in order. We're not entering the WRC mind you, but plastic vs aluminum plate for a modest upcharge?

The horns were always going to be changed, the OEM horns are just pitiful. Standard Subie mod, although I went with the lower pitched version and I'm dousing the bright yellow cage paint for some hammertone silver so as to not draw visual attention.

Now the sneaky bit, I told SWMBO that I couldn't get the skid plate. I was "too late" ordering it from the small west coast company and they wouldn't be able to get one out in time. :rofl:

I'm having it shipped to her best friend's house (with said friend's blessing) because I can't hide a 20lb aluminum plate around here!

The horns are the "replacement" gift for the skid plate I "didn't get".

Last edited:

Latest posts