A guitar for 500 USD/EUR/GBP.... can't be "good"

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Well thats what it said on the plastic covering the pups on my new to me 2001 Epi Dot.i bougbt it from Atlanta Vintage Guitars in Atlanta Georgia.almost 15/years old and never played.plastic still on everything.i dug the plastic out of garbage.says,New Gibson USA,Designed by Gibson.double vacume wax dipped,Alnico magnets,enamel coated wire.id take a picture but it always says my pics are to big.

David Wiese

Reaction score
I see. I forget they put printin' on them plastic seels... hell, I rip 'em off so fast I usually forget they were ever there.

On a side note, when m the owner of the aforementioned Strat that I modded handed me the guitar, he said "I think there's something wrong with the tone knob. It makes this noise when I turn it". Sure enough, it was a piece of the protective plastic that was still under the washer.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Well Dave ill tell ya this,2001 Epi Dot unplayed with all the plastic on a good thing.leavin that plastic stuff on the pickups for 14 years,not a good thing.i think it had original strings so i put new ones on and when i did i had to take that goo be gone and clean plastic sticky crap off the pups.plastic came right off everything else.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Aw come on Pete,ur killin me here lol.ya i know Gibby designed the Epi pups i was just sayin they were good pups and im leavin them.you know how it is alot of times,people buy a Epi and its all good but the pups are goin.in fact the ones in my 1999 Dot are good ones to.

RTH

Reaction score
I remember when people would say "At least it's not Japanese". a few years later, it was "The Japanese ones are great. You don't want Korean". Now it's "Get this Epiphone. It's Korean. Way better than China". I'm guessing the next step is to have them built by a Pygmy tribe, and we'll all be lining up to buy the Chinese made guitars.

Next stop, INDIA!
And the cycle continues...

David Wiese

Reaction score
Some Jackson and Squier stuff IS coming out of Indonesia... I do love my Indonesian made Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar bass.

David Wiese

Reaction score
You know what? I want CHEAP guitars made by PRISONERS!! That'd be B@D@$$!!

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Back in the beginning 70s the Japanese made guitar were considered crap - now they're vintage

Back in the beginning 80s the Korean made guitars were considered crap - now they're great

Back in the beginning.......

Maybe we all should keep our todays 'crap' and our Grandkids get huge money for them :naughty:

It's always the skills of the employees - and the parts they're allowed to use

:cheers:

Latest posts